Closures due to coronavirus begin at Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawai'i

Mar 20, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawai'i remains open, but will begin a round of closures to many of its offerings from today March 20 2020.

Here is the full list from Aulani.

In line with state guidance and in an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our Guests and Cast Members, we will be temporarily suspending some offerings. The following will be unavailable starting Friday, March 20 through March 31, 2020:

• KA WA’A Lu’au
  • Makahiki –The Bounty of the Islands
  • ‘AMA‘AMA – Contemporary Island Cooking
  • The ’Olelo Room
  • Little ‘Opihi's – Beachside Kiosk
  • Aunty’s Beach House
  • Laniwai – A Disney Spa
  • Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
  • Mikimiki Fitness Center

The following events will be cancelled until further notice:

• ‘Ohana Disney Movie Nights
  • Aloha Fun
  • Shake-A-Shaka Pool Party

The following operational modifications will also take place:

• Off the Hook and Wailana Pool Bar will continue to be open with no bar seating. The poolside menu will continue to be offered from those locations via takeout service only.
  • Kalepa’s Store and Hale Manu boutique will limit the number of people allowed in the stores at any given time.
  • Pau Hana Room – Community Hall will remain open. However, all premium and free programming will be suspended.
Article Posted: Mar 20, 2020 / 9:39am ET

Jwink9 minutes ago

Update forget my previous post. He took a turn for the even worse just now. They are on their way to say goodbye 💔☹️

DisneyCane12 minutes ago

What is "bungled?" That it is hard to get an appointment? The reporting delays to the CDC make the doses used look a lot worse than reality. Pfizer and Moderna can't magically make 500 million doses appear and J&J and Astrazeneca have yet to apply for EUA.

DisneyCane14 minutes ago

So now the goalposts have moved and we need enough people vaccinated for herd immunity before we approach a "degree of normality?" How about a "degree of normality" in 3 months when the vast majority of people 65+ are vaccinated and 80% of the deaths cease? Nobody will convince me that Fauci isn't on some kind of power trip which just got worse since Biden made him more important.

Polkadotdress18 minutes ago

Just saw this statement in an article about the vaccine process, and thought it really summed it all up perfectly: “There's no one reason the Covid vaccine rollout has been so bungled. But there are way too many reasons for anyone to feel good about this situation.”

DisneyCane21 minutes ago

I doubt that will end up being the case. There is a huge amount of data that gets backfilled on each days report. Just look at the posts by @DCBaker for a few previous day's and compare the data from the same date from one to the next.

Jwink1 hour ago

Thanks. It really doesn’t change my life but I feel so badly for my cousin, her husband, and their daughter. Their daughter considers him her papa and even though she’s not blood related he treats her like his blood granddaughter. My cousin lost her mom last year too. Crazy all around

Touchdown2 hours ago

I’m so sorry

Jwink2 hours ago

Update He went into AFIB overnight 2 nights ago and they had to up his vent to 100% oxygen. this is the end and they are having their withdrawal of care meeting tomorrow. send good thoughts to my cousin and the wife (I’ve only met him once)

JAKECOTCenter2 hours ago

New statement from Dr. Fauci: "If we get 70-85 percent of Americans vaccinated by the end of the summer or middle of the summer, we will be approaching a "degree of normality" by around the fall."

GoofGoof2 hours ago

They basically did that in my county. Teachers are in 1b but they were planning to do them first before 75+ and other essential workers, essentially the first to go after medical workers and nursing homes. Basically roll it out through schools like they did at hospitals for medical workers. They even told the teachers it was likely coming the end of Jan or first week of Feb. Then the CDC and in reaction the state of PA decided to move 65+ and high risk people up and they are now all in 1a with medical and nursing homes. The problem is that in a county of 800,000 people 250,000+ people are now in 1a so being at the front of 1b now means they go in a month or 2 if we are lucky :( I think the recent surge in hospitalizations and deaths is what lead to the change. I saw a projection that we would hit 500K deaths by mid Feb. Hospitalizations finally appear to be going down across the country but were reaching critical levels a lot of places.

Sirwalterraleigh2 hours ago

Question: Why risk any of that nonsense?

Tom P.2 hours ago

It's worth noting that the first shot, by itself, does provide some measure of protection. I've seen estimates of around 50% effectiveness at preventing Covid. Certainly far better than no protection at all. Also, the timing of the second dose does not have to be exact. While the goal is to get it as soon as you hit the time frame (3 weeks for Pfizer, 4 weeks for Moderna), getting it a few weeks after that point does not change the effectiveness. So if you get the first dose and then there's a delay in getting the second dose, it's not the end of the world.

sullivan.kscott2 hours ago

It is a tough call, but I see the argument. We’ve deemed education a critical function of government, and aren’t giving them critical resources to safely function. Perhaps we should make school staff like phase 1a.5, and open up to them prior to opening the gates to other essential workers. It’s a tough call making individual populations “more important” than others, and I wouldn’t want to be the one making the final decision there.

Think Tink2 hours ago

I know in Ohio they are starting school workers on Feb 1. My mom is a school bus driver and is scheduled on the 1st and then her second dose on March 1. They are really pushing to be back onsite by March 1st. I don't see that happening but my local school never shut down even with outbreaks in the schools.