Closures due to coronavirus begin at Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawai'i

Mar 20, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Friday March 20, 2020 9:39am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawai'i remains open, but will begin a round of closures to many of its offerings from today March 20 2020.

Here is the full list from Aulani.

In line with state guidance and in an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our Guests and Cast Members, we will be temporarily suspending some offerings. The following will be unavailable starting Friday, March 20 through March 31, 2020:

• KA WA’A Lu’au
  • Makahiki –The Bounty of the Islands
  • ‘AMA‘AMA – Contemporary Island Cooking
  • The ’Olelo Room
  • Little ‘Opihi's – Beachside Kiosk
  • Aunty’s Beach House
  • Laniwai – A Disney Spa
  • Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
  • Mikimiki Fitness Center

The following events will be cancelled until further notice:

• ‘Ohana Disney Movie Nights
  • Aloha Fun
  • Shake-A-Shaka Pool Party

The following operational modifications will also take place:

• Off the Hook and Wailana Pool Bar will continue to be open with no bar seating. The poolside menu will continue to be offered from those locations via takeout service only.
  • Kalepa’s Store and Hale Manu boutique will limit the number of people allowed in the stores at any given time.
  • Pau Hana Room – Community Hall will remain open. However, all premium and free programming will be suspended.

helenabear23 minutes ago

It came out in 1995. A good year for me and I remember it LOL But it took me a few more years to get the vaccine since doctors wouldn't vaccinate an adult at first. My child has never had chicken pox nor have I. I have been exposed goodness knows how many times a kid though. Just never developed it. So far it's done us both well. I do know some who had chicken pox twice IRL too. Second case was always mild much like what vaccinated kids have seen with chicken pox. I am just hoping the vaccine holds me through from getting shingles too. For now I am told not to vaccinate for it, but we'll see. Wow, I am so sorry. My MIL just had them not long ago. One on her eye and was miserable. Hope you can get vaccinated soon! A bit jealous. We had to cancel our day at Epcot for Remy. I had it all booked out and ready to go, then my brother came and visited. Dang it! I haven't had issues with smells and masks at Disney but my nose is quite over powered for scents. I'll have to ask the family if they noticed lower smells while on rides from June - if they remember.

drizgirl30 minutes ago

I recall that the Chickenpox vaccine was pretty new when our 28 year old got it around age 2. He might have been in the first wave of kids being vaccinated. We had another baby by then I remember my husband saying "They don't need that. It's a rite of passage for kids to get chicken pox." We were both working full time and I just looked at him like he was nuts, wondering how awful it would be for one to get it, then the other. I asked the pediatrician if she was vaccinating her kids and when she (mother of 4) said she was, I said let's do it. By middle school there were enough kids caught up in an outbreak for 1/3 of the school to be out at once. The now 28 year old did catch it, but got a few small spots on his face with no severe itching, no fever, no discomfort. They just wouldn't let him in with any pox. Just a couple days out of school in complete comfort kicking back with mom. :) Our second never caught it at all.

TeriofTerror35 minutes ago

I got my flu shot Saturday. While I was there, I discussed the shingles vaccine with the pharmacist. I plan on showing up for my vaccine on my 50th birthday. My mom had shingles, and it aged her 10 years overnight. I can't imagine why anyone would hesitate.

DisneyFan3257 minutes ago

I don't want federal transportation extending mask mandate into 2025 to get rid masks for public transportation, if the cases are low enough as enough people are vaccinated as kids 5-11 too by end of Winter 2022 / early Spring 2022, then masks will be gone for public transportation for USA like trains, buses, planes, cruises, etc...by Spring 2022

Disney Experience1 hour ago

When I went on Remy’s Ratatouillie Adventure early this month I did for a moment ( when they had smells ) lower my mask off my nose to breathe in the snells of food they add to some acenes. I am sure the experience will be better when masks are optional someday. The mask definitely filters out most of the smells. They should sell masks with mouse whiskers ( 3D not 2D )

jlhwdw1 hour ago

Yeah but the conversation isn't evolving. It's the same people saying the same things

dovetail651 hour ago

T That's okay it's an involved issue with things changing all the time.

jlhwdw1 hour ago

This time I left for two weeks. I come back and the exact same conversation is still going on

aliceismad2 hours ago

Anxiety-related syncope sucks. Fainting can be really scary, and that causes fear that just leads to more fainting. But there are ways to mitigate it. I would encourage your relatives to have their shots in a private office vs. a mass vaccination site if possible. I got my Moderna shots at a mass site because they weren't available at my doc's office yet. It was unnerving to not feel comfortable with who was poking me, having a room full of people around, being in a room full of people in the middle of the pandemic, etc. (The guy behind me came waltzing in with his mask under his nose, so that was great.) By comparison, doctors are always willing to let me lie down because I have a history of fainting. Also making good food choices before and after can be helpful, and having something cool for the forehead or back of the neck is a good precaution.

Heppenheimer2 hours ago

Except for one really sparsely populated county, all the other counties in Vermont are in the mid 70s or above for their eligible vaccination rates. The highest rates of infection occurred in a few small towns, but these places are so tiny that it only takes a few cases to trip their percentages higher. In sheer numbers, the Burlington area, which counts as the only real urban environment in the state (would be a mid-sized town everywhere else) has by far and away the most cases. Overall, the caseloads don't follow any particular geographic pattern. The pattern that does exist is seen on an individual level- they're mostly among the unvaccinated.

MisterPenguin2 hours ago

Yes, at one time, they required waiting two weeks after a flu or other vaccine to get a COVID vaccine. However, that is no longer the case. You can get multiple vaccinations along with COVID all at once. Just ask anyone who served in the military.

DCBaker2 hours ago

SteveAZee2 hours ago

In Oregon, the recent Delta spike has hit the low density counties in Oregon the hardest... which are also the areas of low vaccination rates. Pretty simple, I think. The huge wave at the beginning of this year really impacted the high density areas of Oregon badly. Vaccines became available and many (by percentage) in the high population areas got vaccinated. The Delta wave is having a low impact (per 100K people) on the densely populated areas due to enough people (not all, by far, but enough to keep from having a dramatic spike) being vaccinated. The rural countries of low vax rates aren't so fortunate. If nothing else, it shows that getting more vaccinations (say 70%) makes a big difference compared to 50%. (guessing the numbers here since I don't have them in front of me). Oregon doesn't behave in a monolithic manner; in this case seems to follow rural/urban divide. Perhaps Vermont is similar.

DisneyDebRob2 hours ago

Shingrix is also 2 shots if anyone is wondering. First shot, then go back for second 2-6 months later. After seeing what my mom went through for about a year with shingles, there was no way I wasn’t getting the shots. No problem at all with insurance either. Walked in, got the flu shot in one arm, shingrix in the other. Got second shot 4 months later which delayed my COVID shot by a few weeks. Couldn’t do both in that time frame of 2-4 weeks I think.