Disney Parks Pass availability continues to be in very short supply for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders

Jul 24, 2020 in "MyMagic+"

Posted: Friday July 24, 2020 11:11am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

UPDATED 5PM August 24: More availability has been released for July and August as of 5pm.

Now entering its second month of operation, the Walt Disney World theme park reservation system continues to offer extremely varied availability depending on the type of ticket you have, with Annual Passholders facing very limited opportunities.

Launched in July alongside the reopening of the Walt Disney World theme parks from the COVID-19 shutdown, Disney Parks Pass is an online system that controls the number of guests that are able to enter the capacity-limited parks.

Looking ahead to August, Disney's Hollywood Studios is unavailable for the entire month to Annual Passholders, whereas it has full availability for Disney Resort Guests, and for regular Theme Park Ticket guests. Even looking further ahead into September, the Studios is unavailable to passholders on all four weekends. It isn't until October that availability reopens.

During August, Disney's Animal Kingdom is available on 14 days, Magic Kingdom on 12 days, and EPCOT on 28 days.

The Disney Park Pass system is currently accepting reservations through to September 2021, although it remains unclear exactly how long it will be needed for. COVID-19 conditions continue to be at record high levels in Florida, which would seem to suggest that capacity limited theme parks and Disney Park Pass will be with us for some-time to come.

With limited availability in mind, Disney has been offering a variety of refund and extension options for its Annual Passholders, which you can read about here. Disney has also suspended the sale of new Annual Passes, although existing passholders are able to purchase renewals.

CaptainAmerica4 days ago

They already do that, don't they? I don't know, I've never purchased a package. I book room only and tickets separately.

jinx84024 days ago

What if the thought is to tie the ticket price of a package to the start date. For example, if you check in on a Friday for an 8 day stay with a 4 day ticket. Selecting Saturday as your first day will have a surcharge of X $. Selecting Monday will not have a surcharge since you are bypassing a weekend. But the surcharge would essentially be based on the date-priced tickets, essentially merging packages and date-based pricing for tickets.

CaptainAmerica4 days ago

They probably wouldn't even have to for resort guests. Check-in date answers that question (close enough) for them. This is basically the system they had in place prior to Park Pass. When you bought a ticket, you specified a "start date" for that ticket and you had X amount of days from that start date to use your Y amount of admissions.

mikejs784 days ago

I wonder if they're thinking of going to a system where resort guests don't have to make specific reservations on specific days but only have to specify the first day of park visits and attach it to a ticket medium.

DCBaker4 days ago

Park reservations in Magic Kingdom for APs have been replenished for dates in September (including the 29th) - Before/After

DCBaker10 days ago

And here's the replenishment for Resort/Ticket guests - Before/After

Cre8iveN8ive10 days ago

With the recent update to the system, it appears that it doesn’t recognize when a park reservation has already been made and allows for a duplicate park reservation. Original park reservations were made prior to the system update where you now have to select whether or not you have a resort reservation or not. Went in to adjust and make some new park reservations and it’s allowing park reservations to be made on the same date as the existing reservations are on but for different parks. (Yes, the reservations are for the same individuals in MDE on the same date. Only difference is the system update that occurred around the time APs were introduced. Additionally, our APs are not new.)

VelocityRaptor10 days ago

That’s so weird. I tried on my laptop and my phone and still showing no availability. My fiancé also checked and it’s showing nothing

DCBaker10 days ago

FL resident Platinum.

VelocityRaptor10 days ago

What type pass do you have?

DCBaker10 days ago

That's odd. I just tried and it shows availability and allowed me to book a reservation on the 2nd at Epcot.

VelocityRaptor10 days ago

I agree I’ve noticed it off many times before.

CaptainAmerica10 days ago

I don't think the availability calendar is quite real time.

VelocityRaptor10 days ago

When I log in to my account (Platinum Pass) it shows no availability for Oct 2 and Oct 3. But the availability calendar still shows availability. Are they handicapping legacy passholders?