Disney Park Pass at Walt Disney World extended to January 2023

Feb 16, 2021 in "MyMagic+"

Posted: Tuesday February 16, 2021 8:32am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Walt Disney World's theme park reservation system, Disney Park Pass, has now been extended into 2023.

The system, which was introduced to manage capacity for the reopening of Walt Disney World following the COVID-19 shutdown, now has availability through to January 14 2023. The previous latest bookable date was January 14 2022.

Disney CEO Bob Chapek has recently stated that the parks will remain at a reduced capacity and that masks are expected to be in use for the remainder of 2021.

pdude8119 hours ago

Most people already planned what park they were in anyway, so this is really just giving more data and locking yourself to one place until 2pm. Now if paid fastpass enters we have yet to see whether that causes more or less planning. Please don't every assume the long term plan is to have less people in the park. This is true for my family as well right now, with just being locked in a park and only having dining to work around. Quick service has actually improved with requiring a completed order to enter for seating. But I'm afraid it will all fall apart with 50% more people in the park later in the year.

MansionButler8419 hours ago

It’s nice. Just this week, I’ve scored two dining reservations for July 4th weekend. I was very pleased. Picking a restaurant 6 months out sucked. I want very different food in late December than late June.

Touchdown19 hours ago

Yup, dining reservations are 60 days out now, I have a trip in October I still haven’t fully planned out yet.

MansionButler8419 hours ago

Honestly, I plan less now than I did in 2019.

DisneyDave5432120 hours ago

I think we all need to give up the ghost on going back to the days of no planning at WDW. But, maybe between Park pass and paid FastPass we get to a point where the only thing you have to plan is what park you will be in( which is really not a huge thing). And if it means less crowds and less standby lines, then I’m all for it edit: and dining. We will still need to plan dining

nickys23 hours ago

You still need a park reservation for DHS to try for a BG, whether at 7am or 1pm. If they have that programmed in, and they should do, park hopping will not affect the process. Even if you park hop there at noon you won’t get past that check.

Disney Dad 300023 hours ago

Do you think they'd move it up for all parks except DHS to continue allowing a 2nd chance at BG at 1pm for the folks with park reservations or is that too much of a cluster?

Hope Princess1 day ago

Yeah even that would be better! I just hope by December they move up the hours because we love to have lunch in the park we go to second!

MansionButler841 day ago

At most, they might move it up to 1 pm or noon. They are trying to manage crowds so they want you in the first park for a bit.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

Not if they're keeping park reservations... and they seem they are.

Hope Princess1 day ago

Does anyone think they will soon drop the 2 PM Park Hopping rule? We're going in December and would love to be able to park hop for lunch and such before 2 PM!

MurphyJoe1 day ago

And you have to hope there's a park pass available at the park you want instead of the original.

cslafferty1 day ago

But let’s say I have all my park reservations made, and I’ve been trying to get an ADR at BOG, and all of a sudden there’s an opening on a day I have a park res at DHS. Or I have a Park res for DAK and it’s pouring rain - not a park I want to be in when it’s raining. It’s just one more thing I have to juggle around when plans change.

pdude811 day ago

I knew there had to be somebody in the world that liked this.