Extra Magic Hours discontinued and will be replaced by Early Theme Park Entry

4 days ago in "Extra Magic Hours"

Disney has today announced that it will discontinue Extra Magic Hours to be replaced with Early Theme Park Entry.

Debuting later in 2021, Early Theme Park Entry will give Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests 30 minutes early access to any theme park, every day. In a statement Disney said that the change will allow a better spread of visitation across all four theme parks and will give guests better flexibility.

At its peak, Extra Magic Hours offered 3 hours of extended operating hours in the evening after regular park close, and an hour in the morning before park opening. However, the option was restricted to a specific theme park on a specific day. Extra Magic Hours were suspended along with the COVID-19 shutdown, and did not resume when the parks reopened in July 2020.

Article Posted: Jan 11, 2021 / 12:14pm ET

Touchdown18 hours ago

I would pay for Maxpass though, that service is great.

MrPromey19 hours ago

And honestly, paying into their not even veiled money-grab schemes only encourages them to push these efforts further. Between the subject of this thread and the end of MDE, I'm seeing an unusually high level of push-back online in places that don't normally show it, though. It might be that there's finally a tide of people who've had enough. One can hope, anyway.

dpla57621 day ago

I absolutely love Disney, but I wouldn't be willing to pay anything above the price of admission for Fastpass+. If I split MK into two days and rope drop I can comfortably get every ride in along with multiple rides on things like Pirates and HM. I know a lot of people would normally of paid but we are in a COVID world now. The coming Dark Winter promised by the Biden administration is going to crush the economy. I'm not sure how many people will be able to afford extras in the near future.

larryz1 day ago

I'm surprised nobody's suggested "Half-Magic-Hour"...

Sirwalterraleigh1 day ago

I’m just sayin...that might scramble your eggs a little 🍳 Reminds me of when we drove to GA in college and did 116 inversions...minor brain bleeds were inevitable.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

And that was just the record. Other DAK after hours it was 7 or 8 times in a row. Now, the benefit of that is that when we go to DAK during regular hours, we don't do FoP. No two hour long lines for one ride. No trying to scramble for a FP+. We had our fill, and we enjoy the rest of the park.

Sirwalterraleigh1 day ago

...i’m Gonna go ahead and add that to your case file 👨🏻‍⚕️

dreday31 day ago

Our first after hours at AK was going to be during our trip in May 2020. We didn't get to go, something suddenly came up. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh1 day ago

That poster was perhaps misunderstood... I bet that poster was talking about de-emphasizing emh...not making a stance that hours where never adjusted...which of course is an unreasonable stance that the poster wouldn’t take. Not logical.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

Done that a few times already. Rode FoP 12 times in a row.

aliceismad1 day ago

We seriously considered the early/after hours events when we went in 2019, but with a 5 year old we weren't sure about getting up earlier or pushing that late at night. After the fact, hubby said he wished we had. To him the extra cost would be worth it to try it out. But I completely get how frustrating those events are for people who go to WDW a lot and how they feel it's a cash grab and diminishing for the overall customer base.

nickys1 day ago

Going forward, absolutely. But the poster they replied to was suggesting it had never happened since 2015, which is untrue. They always extended hours beyond published hours over Christmas and other major holidays. 7am EMH at MK every day for the Christmas week, for example l I fully expect up-charge special events happening all the time. Want an extra 4 hours in the park? Here’s Mickey’s fun-time during winter months, Minnie’s spring fling for March/April, Pluto’s frolicking party during early summer and Donald’s cool summertime beach party up until the Halloween parties starting July 30th. 😉

Sirwalterraleigh1 day ago

Acceptance is the first step in recovery

networkpro1 day ago