Extra Magic Hours discontinued and will be replaced by Early Theme Park Entry

Jan 11, 2021 in "Extra Magic Hours"

Posted: Monday January 11, 2021 12:14pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced that it will discontinue Extra Magic Hours to be replaced with Early Theme Park Entry.

Debuting later in 2021, Early Theme Park Entry will give Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests 30 minutes early access to any theme park, every day. In a statement Disney said that the change will allow a better spread of visitation across all four theme parks and will give guests better flexibility.

At its peak, Extra Magic Hours offered 3 hours of extended operating hours in the evening after regular park close, and an hour in the morning before park opening. However, the option was restricted to a specific theme park on a specific day. Extra Magic Hours were suspended along with the COVID-19 shutdown, and did not resume when the parks reopened in July 2020.

pdude811 day ago

Oh ok, then I misunderstood.

Goodeone1 day ago

I believe he's referring to what parks will have the benefit on what days. I'm staying at the Dolphin myself from Oct.8th-11th and am very interested in finding this out ASAP myself. It would definitely help us to make some park reservation decisions.

pdude811 day ago

It's been posted in articles and press releases related to Swan/Dolphin and SoG getting the extra hours, so I take that as somewhat official without any explicit denial by the mouse.

NoChesterHester1 day ago

They have to announce dates prior to launch one would believe…

pdude811 day ago

I think this is all expected to launch around 10/1

NoChesterHester1 day ago

Any rumors from agents or cast when they will actually release the dates for the Extended hours?

SteveAZee1 day ago

(Googles quinceañera)

MisterPenguin1 day ago

There goes my hopes for a belated quinceañera party at the Fantasia Golf Course party pavilion!!

pdude811 day ago

Ok, thanks. I had thought they were going to move one of the holes and not just demo the accessory structures.

Notes from Neverland1 day ago

The mini golf courses were not changed. There were two event pavilions past the mini golf courses that were demolished, but the actual courses themselves weren't touched.

UNCgolf1 day ago

I don't think so -- I'm pretty sure the two Fantasia Gardens courses are still there the same as before.

pdude811 day ago

They had to chop up part of the mini golf course though too I thought. I get what you're saying about it acting as an extension of the Swan though. I just don't love the continual watering down of whatever you'd consider Deluxe amenities to be. Then again, I have heard they considered a new Polynesian tower on the other side of the parking lot and that would have counted too.

JAB1 day ago

The way I understand the lease, Tishman isn't allowed to build any more resorts on the property. However, the land that Swan Reserve is built on was previously the tennis courts for the Swan, so that land is likely considered part of the Swan property as far as the contract goes. It was originally going to be called "The Cove at the Walt Disney World Swan" and ended up being "Swan Reserve" because in order to not violate the terms of their lease, it has to be considered an extension of the Swan. As such, it will very likely get whatever benefits the Swan gets.

dreday32 days ago

I know, but I thought I'd ask anyways (was speaking with guest services about something else). They were very pleasant about it and agreed Gran Destino seems like a deluxe, but no. 😂