Disney confirms that the Disney Dining Plan packages will return to Walt Disney World

Jun 30, 2021 in "Disney Dining Plan"

Posted: Wednesday June 30, 2021 4:51pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

In a brief update from Disney late this afternoon, the company confirmed that the Disney Dining Plan packages will return to Walt Disney World.

The post on the official Disney Parks Blog stated, "Speaking of Disney Resort hotel stays, we know many of you are also wondering when Disney dining plan packages will return. While we’re not quite ready to share an update on timing, we are planning to bring this guest-favorite option back at a later date. "

The popular Disney Dining Plan packages, where guests pay a fixed price to eat at restaurants throughout their Walt Disney World stay, have been suspended since the parks reopened from the COVID-19 shutdown in 2020.

Disney continues to reopen more and more of its restaurants, adding much needed capacity that will be needed to support the return of the Disney Dining Plan.

Andy_041020 days ago

We normally get a better offer in the uk than the US. More dates all hotels. This is now restricted to select rooms and dates can’t see it getting much better if it gets people across the Atlantic.

dc420 days ago

This is one of the reasons I'm putting off my Disney holiday until 2023. Massively less generous offer for UK customers compared to previous years.

Crunchie921 days ago

“I’m not working for that” is a clear signal of a recession. Citation: my macro economics course.

slipperalwaysfits24 days ago

Housekeeping...not so much, except for the change between reservations. I do expect fresh sheets and empty trash when I walk into my room on the first day. I'd rather they empty trash in the parks as much as they used to pre-pandemic....than bring back the dining plan. But when they DO bring back the DP, I'll be getting it!

Tom P.25 days ago

The reality is that more people are concerned with the lack of the dining plan than with the lack of housekeeping, and Disney knows that. That might be sad, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

CaptainAmerica25 days ago

My next Disney vacation will be Aulani and if they don't have flower lei greetings, full housekeeping, valet parking, and refillable mugs, I'll riot.

Weather_Lady25 days ago

We stayed at a Best Western Central Inn in Harrisburg, PA 2 weeks ago ($175/night, well-maintained, with top-notch daily housekeeping and all on-site restaurants, amenities and transportation open, running and fully staffed). As it dawned on us that our next family trip would be to Disney and that we'd have to lower our expectations for it in terms of our resort, the same thought came to mind: why would anyone be worried about dining plans and dessert parties when Disney can't yet staff its restaurants, make a bed and empty a wastebasket, run the Epcot monorail, or arrange for Mickey to come within 6 feet of his fans? Then again, as y'all know, the dining plan has never been a valued part of my family's Disney experience. I know it has many people who love it, and I sympathize with (even if I can't understand) their eagerness to see it restored.

aliceismad25 days ago

Sirwalterraleigh25 days ago

I’m sure you have an excellent point…I’m just not sure how it applies to a philosophical/historical take. I was educated…but I can go back to someplace cheaper if it will help me understand you better? 😉

Bluknite25 days ago

Please educate yourself on the WDW programs. Like any other area of life, work wages vari. If you want higher pay, get a higher education. If you work at a gas station or McDonalds, you can't expect to be paid Microsoft wages....That is just a fact of life.

Bluknite25 days ago

Many Waiters are amung the highest paid positions at WDW. Think about that mandatory tip policy. Most wait staff are making much more that many other positions at WDW. College Students are returning to the program at WDW, THat is a huge part of the Cast Member work force.

Bluknite25 days ago

Best Guess I have is that the Dining plans will return befor October 1st.

SirwalterraleighJul 02, 2021

It appears that recessions will “no longer be tolerated”…which signals the final end of industrialization in America. The long goodbye. the rich now direct the markets to pull whatever strings necessary to avoid the recessions. No more long slides and longer climbs back. As long as the new tricks hold. this subtle “I’m not working for that” worker thing…in the long run…will probably be a good thing for everyone. If everyone had gone back for minimum wage…the divide would be growing even more than normal now. The stock lords would be worth a ton more coming out of a year when they sold nothing…and crushed spirit in labor would only embolden trying to crush it more. hold the line.

MisterPenguinJul 01, 2021

There's a separate thread to discuss the economy's impact on WDW... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-labor-shortage.973521/