Destination D23 event announced for November 2021 at Walt Disney World

Jun 24, 2021 in "D23 - Official Fan Organization"

Posted: Thursday June 24, 2021 2:37pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

D23, the official Disney fan club has announced that it will host 'Destination D23' November 19 - 21 2021 at Disney's Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World.

The event was due to take place in November 2020 at Walt Disney World, but was postponed due to the pandemic. Tickets go on sale for D23 Gold Members in July.

The Biggest Disney Fan Event of the year is coming November 19–21, 2021!

Join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club as we celebrate 50 years of the Walt Disney World Resort and more! Be the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peaks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive your favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories, special guests, and so much more at this fan-favorite event!

V_L_Raptor3 days ago

I'm at the point where I would rather just have access to some Fusion360 files for the Epcot props so I could build my own (the butler especially, but there will forever and always be room for the likes of Figment). Enough with paying big moolah to chase around event tickets just to get a glimpse of a prop that they may possibly wheel out but might not. Give me what I need to build my own, just like Lucasfilm has done with Astromech.net.

DoleWhipDrea3 days ago

Nunis has had a pretty consistent reputation when it comes to running his mouth and saying rather inappropriate things. Many quotes I've read of his talking to other Disney employees have made my jaw drop. He'd be a real HR nightmare today.

JoeCamel7 days ago

Well he is a D*ck

hopemax7 days ago

My Dad thought that since Nunis is writing his book, for Disney Editions, and Nunis is the type of person who knows how to get a result... Nunis had difficulty getting his Archive information requests handled appropriately and timely. He was challenging Becky in a public and direct manner.

VJ7 days ago

Ah, I didn't catch her introduction. Indeed it did, Mr. Nunis is apparently a very outspoken individual.

BrowncatP7 days ago

The "host lady" was Becky Klein, head of the Archives. That comment left her a bit speechless.

Robbiem7 days ago

These are really interesting. I didn’t know WDW was going to be called ‘The Walt Disney World’. Its interesting to see how the design evolves. I just think its a shame the original logo isn’t used a lot these days it gave the resort its own identity more than using the handwriting logo everywhere. It was nice when each park was unique like that but its only really Disneyland thats still marketed like that.

MisterPenguin8 days ago

source: @scottwalker88

ToTBellHop8 days ago

He actually gave Josh a pep talk before he walked out:

wutisgood8 days ago

So Iger bailed chapek out of getting booed by conveniently having a farewell party during the event? He already bailed him out by appearing at the same time at the 50th event. This dude is gonna make less public appearances than Roger Goodell

ChrisFL8 days ago

"One person in the audience gets a free Alexa (thing)!!" ....silence from the crowd... best moment of the presentation

TrainChasers8 days ago

That’s kind of what I felt from the live stream but was thinking maybe it was better in person.

donsullivan8 days ago

I’m pretty sure I’ve been to all of them since they started and this one seemed the least compelling of them all. Granted I skipped Sunday because I wasn’t feeling well but the agenda didn’t really excite me all that much. While not the direct fault of the presenters, many of panels felt really forced and the panelists very uncomfortable in this forum. Getting up in front of a group of people like this is a skill most do not possess and when you’re uncomfortable doing it, with already awkward content, it feels mighty uncomfortable for the audience as well. It kind of felt like they’ve already done all of the interesting things over the years and gotten really deep into all of the interesting subjects about WDW and had kind of run out of steam when searching for content to fill up two days. I’ve left the last couple I’ve attended with the feeling that it might be my last but the concept of celebrating WDW 50th reeled me in. I don’t sense it was worth it (hence my being okay skipping day 2) and I’m probably a few steps closer to skipping out on these for the future.

TrainChasers8 days ago

So what did people think of Destination D23 this year? I’ve attended many events in the past and watching this one on the live stream it seemed to be more fluff than usual but they also seemed to have more special guests than usual (Kermit, D’Capella, etc.). Will be interesting to see how these events continue to evolve.