Disney Parks Pass availability improved for Annual Passholders including Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

Aug 14, 2020 in "Ticket - Platinum Pass Annual Pass"

Posted: Friday August 14, 2020 3:15pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Disney Parks Pass inventory has been reorganized with more availability for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders.

Most notably, Disney's Hollywood Studios is once again available from August 24 through to the end of the month, including weekends. Availability is also significantly better in September, with many days having full availability across all four parks.

View the availability calendar.

CaptainAmerica2 days ago

They already do that, don't they? I don't know, I've never purchased a package. I book room only and tickets separately.

jinx84022 days ago

What if the thought is to tie the ticket price of a package to the start date. For example, if you check in on a Friday for an 8 day stay with a 4 day ticket. Selecting Saturday as your first day will have a surcharge of X $. Selecting Monday will not have a surcharge since you are bypassing a weekend. But the surcharge would essentially be based on the date-priced tickets, essentially merging packages and date-based pricing for tickets.

CaptainAmerica2 days ago

They probably wouldn't even have to for resort guests. Check-in date answers that question (close enough) for them. This is basically the system they had in place prior to Park Pass. When you bought a ticket, you specified a "start date" for that ticket and you had X amount of days from that start date to use your Y amount of admissions.

mikejs782 days ago

I wonder if they're thinking of going to a system where resort guests don't have to make specific reservations on specific days but only have to specify the first day of park visits and attach it to a ticket medium.

DCBaker3 days ago

Park reservations in Magic Kingdom for APs have been replenished for dates in September (including the 29th) - Before/After

DCBaker8 days ago

And here's the replenishment for Resort/Ticket guests - Before/After

Cre8iveN8ive8 days ago

With the recent update to the system, it appears that it doesn’t recognize when a park reservation has already been made and allows for a duplicate park reservation. Original park reservations were made prior to the system update where you now have to select whether or not you have a resort reservation or not. Went in to adjust and make some new park reservations and it’s allowing park reservations to be made on the same date as the existing reservations are on but for different parks. (Yes, the reservations are for the same individuals in MDE on the same date. Only difference is the system update that occurred around the time APs were introduced. Additionally, our APs are not new.)

VelocityRaptor8 days ago

That’s so weird. I tried on my laptop and my phone and still showing no availability. My fiancé also checked and it’s showing nothing

DCBaker8 days ago

FL resident Platinum.

VelocityRaptor8 days ago

What type pass do you have?

DCBaker8 days ago

That's odd. I just tried and it shows availability and allowed me to book a reservation on the 2nd at Epcot.

VelocityRaptor8 days ago

I agree I’ve noticed it off many times before.

CaptainAmerica8 days ago

I don't think the availability calendar is quite real time.

VelocityRaptor8 days ago

When I log in to my account (Platinum Pass) it shows no availability for Oct 2 and Oct 3. But the availability calendar still shows availability. Are they handicapping legacy passholders?