Disney confirms location of the Space-themed restaurant at Epcot

May 09, 2018 in "Space 220 Restaurant"

Space Restaurant concept art
Posted: Wednesday May 9, 2018 1:11pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today made a small announcement regarding the previously announced Space-themed restaurant heading to Epcot.

Those of you who visit our discussion forums will already know the location, but in today's announcement it was confirmed that it will indeed be built on a newly developed area between Mission: SPACE and Test Track. This should finally put to rest the argument that it will be built in the Wonders pavilion or that the project is not moving forward.

No opening date has been given, but our best estimates put the project at a 2020 opening, just ahead of the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy coaster.

Cmdr_Crimson3 minutes ago

I'm just sayin..But, does anyone just want this back on the other side of the park seems just like a waste to not see it back here where there using it for a restaurant..

Jeffxz2 hours ago

When reservations open tomorrow, will it be possible to reserve online or will you need to call in?

MansionButler842 days ago

The food there has improved greatly there in recent years.

ChrisFL2 days ago

I've heard that's the advantage of San Angel Inn where you don't really want to see what your food looks like :p

begood5242 days ago

I was hoping there would be references to the ISTC or Mission: SPACE in the restaurant somewhere but after seeing the video those hopes have been dashed. Still looks cool though!

Sir_Cliff2 days ago

To me it looks pretty similar to the concept art. Lighter, I guess, but it's a little hard to tell what the in-person effect is from photos. You also don't want to be eating in the dark, however atmospheric that might be. I would be among those who would go to the lounge for an over-priced cocktail or two, but probably not to eat as there are still options in World Showcase that interest me more.

MansionButler842 days ago

Exactly. Should be easy to book!

ChrisFL2 days ago

Anyone who is saying negative things without being there...keep it up! I want less people trying to go when I want to eat there

TikibirdLand2 days ago

I dunno. On the site that shall not be named, they have a panoramic photo of the restaurant. It looks very close to the concept art. But, yeah, that space elevator has that Mission to Mars vibe going on.

sedati2 days ago

Like a true Disney "fan," repeat what you know, begrudge what you don't.

britain2 days ago

I like how this is an homage to Mission to Mars, Space Station X-1, and Coral Reef all rolled into an addition rather than a replacement.

Figments Friend2 days ago

Looks kinda nice to me. I like the 'darker' look compared to the 'blue glow' from the concept art. Interested to expereince this in person. Sept. 20th is going to be a absolute bloodbath online when reservations open up. I'll be there....with a couple of buckets. -

GimpYancIent2 days ago

A Emergency Airlock leading to escape pods. Give me a break. Emergency Exit signes are supposed to be visible and there is a lot of glass hence, yep, reflection.

lazyboy97o2 days ago

The main center view across multiple windows is not “certain angles”. It’s also something that did not have to happen.