Electric Umbrella to close February 16 along with the remainder of the center of Future World

Feb 14, 2020 in "Electric Umbrella Restaurant"

Electric Umbrella overview
Posted: Friday February 14, 2020 12:58pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Electric Umbrella will have its final day of operation on February 15 2020 as the center of Future World closes.

Beginning February 16, Electric Umbrella will be closed, along with Pin Central and the surrounding merchandise carts.

Guests will be directed to use the newly created walkways on each side of Spaceship earth, with the right hand-side leading to The Seas, The Land and Imagination!, and the left-side walkway between Guest Relations and Gateway Gifts leading to Mission: Space and Mouse Gear.

With the closure of Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons will offer burgers, the Epcot Experience will serve chicken nuggets and salads, and the Taste Track kiosk will offer burgers and fries near to Test Track.

A new quick serve location will eventually be built in approximately the same area as Electric Umbrella as part of the redevelopment of the center of the park.

WondersOfLife1 hour ago

Fair enough.

Father Robinson1 hour ago

Disney World was closed for just over 100 days. Construction resumed soon after the reopening. Now given the "circumstances" of the pandemic, my point was I understand that due to the closure, naturally everything else would be delayed, however, even with the 100+ day closure, it seems strange that it is still taking them longer than it did for them to build and open the park than it is to finish the construction projects they presently are undertaking. I hope that's clear enough.. And if we're going to blame the pandemic, I'll also point out that Guardians began construction in August of 2017, which if my math is correct was more than 2 years before the closure, and it still isn't close to being done. So..yeah, build and open a park in exactly 3 years in the early 1980s vs not even finishing a rollercoaster in the same amount of time in the 2020s.

owlsandcoffee2 hours ago

I think you're being a bit uncharitable, Wonders. It's a fun observation, that's all.

WondersOfLife4 hours ago

I have no idea, because it renders the rest of the post useless.

Father Robinson11 hours ago

Why do you think I said "I know, (circumstances)... ??

WondersOfLife11 hours ago

Dang... the huge pandemic of 1980 must not have mattered to the Walt Disney Company back then.

aladdin200719 hours ago

they can bring nightmares to life, and that's exactly what they are doing with the dismantling.

DoleWhipDrea19 hours ago

If they can dream it, they can dismantle EPCOT piece by piece.

DCBaker20 hours ago

DCBaker1 day ago

mandstaft1 day ago

Oh what they can do when they really want to! :)

Father Robinson1 day ago

You know, it just occurred to me, it took EXACTLY 3 years to build and open the entire EPCOT Center park. We're now approaching the 2 year mark and just the spine is still a pile of dirt. I know, (circumstances).. just find this unsettlingly ironic .

atighe425 days ago

I mean, yeah. Maybe they’ll be doing some paint refreshes, who knows? I’d consider it still a refresh with updates and cleaner signage.

WondersOfLife5 days ago

I thought they were just replacing signs