Chicken Guy! coming to Disney Springs later this summer

Jul 25, 2018 in "Chicken Guy!"

Chicken Guy! food
Posted: Wednesday July 25, 2018 1:12pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Chef Guy Fieri and Robert Earl are joining forces to open a new fast-casual concept at Disney Springs - Chicken Guy!

Located alongside the Planet Hollywood Observatory, Chicken Guy! will feature one-of-a-kind all-natural fresh chicken tenders, hand-pounded to maximize crunch and paired with a wide selection of sauces. The tenders are brined in fresh lemon juice, pickle brine and buttermilk, and infused with fresh herbs.

The menu features the tenders—grilled or fried—in sandwiches, straight up on skewers, or in meal-sized salad bowls, and a wide array of sauces to enjoy with the chicken as well as sides like Guy Fieri’s fries, mac ‘n cheese, fried pickles and fresh slaw.

Chicken Guy! also has two Flavortown Frozen Treats, and for dessert a Triple Double Ice Cream Treat or the Cinnamon Apple.

“I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Guy—first with the launch of his sandwich and burger menu at Planet Hollywood. Since then, we have kept in touch, determined to work on more projects together,” said Planet Hollywood Founder and Chairman Robert Earl. “We have found the perfect venture with Chicken Guy!, certain to be a crowd-pleaser. I have personally tasted all the menu items and can’t wait to open at Disney Springs and across the country, because I know our guests will love what Guy has put on the menu.”

“I’m stoked to be building Chicken Guy! with my friend, Robert Earl,” said Fieri. “It’s all about the real deal, all-natural chicken but lemme tell you, our sauce game is on point."

The restaurant will include both indoor and outdoor seating, and specially developed packaging that will make carrying out and enjoying food on the go fun and easy.

Gabe110 days ago

Chicken Guy has moved into Navy Pier in Chicago. Mixed emotions. Happy to have a touch of Disney in Chicago. Sad the Pier didn’t renew Babba Gumps lease to make room for Chef Art. Babba was always packed.

SteveAZee10 days ago

If I remember correctly, McDonalds picked those colors so people were less likely to stay and relax at the tables after eating... better turnover. The reds and yellows aren't relaxing.

"El Magnifico"11 days ago

I like Chicken Guy. But the interior looks like a McDonalds.

david1022512 days ago

Walked by tonight around 5...not too crowded. Should take down that "Store" sign.

Frankenstein7913 days ago

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that looks goooood.

DCBaker22 days ago

DisneyDebRob22 days ago

Whew. When i saw this thread brought back to life I thought for sure I would see some bad news of it closing. Thanks for the good news! Did they expand into the gift shop of PH?

DCBaker22 days ago

UNCgolfJan 23, 2020

I would have had Polite Pig as #1 before this most recent trip, but my food there wasn't quite as good this time (still very good overall though). It was also my first time having Pizza Ponte and their Sicilian style pizza was wonderful -- the crust was perfect. I actually went back there the night I had Chicken Guy just to get another slice of the four cheese.

peter11435Jan 23, 2020

Interestingly I would rank them polite pig, chicken guy, pizza ponte, D-luxe burger.

UNCgolfJan 23, 2020

I was just teasing. I definitely disagree though -- I had Polite Pig, Pizza Ponte, Chicken Guy, and D-Luxe Burger all last week and Chicken Guy brought up the rear among those four just in Disney Springs quick service rankings. Polite Pig and Pizza Ponte are both light years ahead of Chicken Guy (Pizza Ponte is the best overall). I personally liked D-Luxe Burger a bit more as well, but it wasn't significantly better and probably a wash with Chicken Guy overall when you factor in the price difference.

LilofanJan 23, 2020

It's not quick service style but you can ask for in a to go box, Prime Time Cafe fried chicken at DHS. Really good and you grab a park bench by Echo Lake and people watch. You could also watch the 3pm parade but no longer.

peter11435Jan 23, 2020

Actually I have. Some of the best you can get. I never said chicken guy was the best fried chicken in the world. But it is some of the best quick service food you can get at Walt Disney World.