Disney shares video of Walt Disney World Railroad testing at Walt Disney World

Mar 25, 2022 in "Walt Disney World Railroad"

Posted: Friday March 25, 2022 9:36am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The official Disney Parks TikTok account has shared a new video of the Walt Disney World railroad testing at Magic Kingdom.

@disneyparks Choo Choo! Testing is just beginning for the Walt #DisneyWorld Railroad crew ?? #Disney #DisneyParks #DisneyCastLife #Railroad #Train #TrainTok ? original sound - Disney Parks

The railroad was closed in December 2018 as construction began on the TRON rollercoaster.

During the closure, the trains were accessible via a static exhibit on Main Street U.S.A. and then later at the Fantasyland station.

With the parks closing due to the pandemic in early 2020, the static exhibits closed and did not reopen with the rest of the park in summer 2022.

Construction on the exterior parts of TRON is expected to be completed soon, allowing the railroad tracks to be installed through the new tunnel at the TRON attraction, and the railroad returned to service.

DCBaker27 days ago

Captain Barbossa28 days ago

Rails have been laid out and temporarily spiked into place.

aladdin200729 days ago

I think it was rumored for later in the fall? October is what I had heard.

Armerius30 days ago

so can we expect the train to open before september?

MisterPenguin30 days ago

Those tracks get replaced more often than WoL roofs.

Captain Barbossa30 days ago

Relaying new ties at the southern portion of Fantasyland Station heading south towards Tron/Tomorrowland.

celluloid30 days ago

Reminds me of when Avatar was announced in 2011 during my College Program. I had just met a lady I took a liking to. We were married and had our first home and our first child turned 2 by the time Pandora opened at Animal Kingdom.

wdwmagic31 days ago

Track install has progressed to the Fantasyland station today.

Club Cooloholic31 days ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_transcontinental_railroad The first Transcontinental railroad took 6 years, by hand, to complete. When will the Disney world magic Kingdom railroad be running again who the heck knows. There are children that have been born, gone through their Thomas The Tank stage of love of trains, and moved on and this train hasn't been open the entire time.

Walt d31 days ago

Cant wait to see the trains new, route!

Rhinocerous31 days ago

Ah, I see. I can understand why they would want to keep that unburied. Thank you.

lazyboy97o31 days ago

It’s the roof of the tunnel between Space Mountain and the rest of Tomorrowland.

Coaster Lover31 days ago

Were they singing the "I've Been Working On the Railroad" song? Because if not, that's for sure a missed opportunity...

Rhinocerous31 days ago

What is the purpose of that area with what looks like bare concrete and stubby ties?