Walt Disney World Railroad static exhibit will move to Fantasyland

Jan 23, 2020 in "Walt Disney World Railroad"

Walt Disney World Railway static exhibit

The Walt Disney World Railroad static exhibit will be on the move to Fantasyland.

Currently located at the Main Street U.S.A. station, the static exhibit makes one of the trains available for up-close viewing. The move to the Fantasyland station will take place on January 27 2020.

The Railroad is currently closed due to construction associated with the TRON LightCycle Run rollercoaster, and does not yet have a confirmed reopening date.

Article Posted: Jan 23, 2020 / 8:41am ET

yensidtlaw19692 days ago

I was gonna say that I would guess not because that would make for 2 Marvel themed Shooter Dark Rides in the DL Resort, but clearly they didn't seem to mind doing that with Toy Story, so . . . . . . But I do agree it's probably a little different with Marvel, and that Ant-Man is unlikely to be imported to Tomorrowland. And, beyond that, it's unlikely that Disney will be looking to spend the money on a full retheme of an otherwise functioning attraction at DL in the short-to-medium term.

Nland3162 days ago

I don’t really see Marvel being too viable at DL only because of Super Hero Campus being right across the street at DCA now. In theory, I would imagine this would be an IP that actually fits TL.

Animaniac93-982 days ago

If the proposal was just for Disneyland than maybe it was to bring Ant Man stateside? In which case it wouldn't be very exciting.

SteveAZee2 days ago

They taste like Tide Pods.

yensidtlaw19692 days ago

Not sure why, but that makes me, like, half an iota more excited. Maybe just because I’m slightly more inclined to believe in a meaningful, considerate push to correct for the state DL’s Tomorrowland is in. Though I won’t hold my breath for the meantime.

marni19712 days ago

They’ve look terrible for years… I almost wish they would go back to the plain blue they were for the attractions in that spot before “Buzz.” My hope is that the reskin it to Stitch or somehow find a way to convert it to the new Buzz movie to further distance it from the Toy Story IP, keeping that theme and character in TSL. My bad. I found my materials. The reskin was proposed for Disneyland.

Magicart872 days ago

disneyC973 days ago

They’ve looked terrible for years… I almost wish they would go back to the plain blue they were for the attractions in that spot before “Buzz.”

yensidtlaw19693 days ago

The way excitement went up and then immediately down after reading "change of theme" . . I can't imagine these days Disney would be looking to retheme Buzz out of an effort to strengthen the thematic vibe of Tomorrowland. It would have to be more about simply paying lip service to another, merely-different, Tomorrowland-adjacent property. Right?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC3 days ago

I do know that Disney World and Chevy partnered to unveil the new Bolt model... likely not for the speedway though, unfortunately.

TrainChasers3 days ago

Those cars look ROUGH. Some of the worst show I’ve probably seen at Disney to be honest.

pektas3 days ago

At a minimum I wish they would refresh the cars and add the removable guns

marni19713 days ago

I want to say there were plans, possibly so far as a change of theme. But I can’t find material to verify that at the moment.

RSoxNo13 days ago

Any updates coming to Florida?