A look at the TRON Lightcycle Run construction progress at Magic Kingdom

Apr 01, 2021 in "Tron Lightcyle Run rollercoaster"

TRON Lightcycle Run construction - March 29 2021
Posted: Thursday April 1, 2021 9:29am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The construction team at TRON Lightcyle Run hit another milestone this week as crews put the final piece of the canopy support framework into place.

In the photo above you can also see the topping-off flag, which marks the highest point on the structure.

Crews are still working on welding all over the canopy, with more than 10 high reach boom lifts at work.

It isn't yet clear if we will see the canopy get its cover before what we expect to be a pause in the project, with a resumption later in the year.

Here is a look at a piece of concept art showing the finished canopy.

doctornick8 hours ago

Not sure I follow. Velociraptor will indeed close during thunderstorms while a ride like Space Mountain will continue to run. There's plenty of valid arguments on whether Disney should add larger higher thrill coasters (I'm firmly on the side of "they should not" but YMMV) but the point that outdoor rides in central Florida close a lot due to the prevailing weather is a very valid one that should be considered.

Jrb19799 hours ago

That wasn't my point. My point was that many here scoff at other Florida parks for not putting them indoors due to the "MONSOON" season. My response was it's hard to put big coasters inside.

PB Watermelon10 hours ago

Disneyland and The Magic Kingdom are Family Parks, not Thrill Parks, yes? Universal and Six Flags counter-program against the Disney Parks with thrill rides. There's a market for both. Some have their preferences, Disney does Disney and stays on brand (usually), Universal and the rest do what they do.

Nubs702 days ago

Not very many forms and pipes. Looks like form for the storm drainage under the laydown yard.

Squishy2 days ago

You know you took too long when grass starts growing on the construction site :banghead:

J45463 days ago

wow so many concrete sewer/water forms still remaining to be placed.. I swear it seems so close but theres still so much more to do

EricsBiscuit3 days ago

From today

MrPromey4 days ago

Then what was the point of your response to me?

MrPromey4 days ago

And my counter to you is, huh? Am I to assume that, based on your "counter", you believe every attraction at IOA should be as intense as Velocicoaster? Hate to break it to you but if you've never been, you're going to be disappointed. Like I said in my original post, I'm in no way advocating for all indoors at either Universal park. You're the only person here trying to make that straw man to argue with for some weird reason.

DCBaker4 days ago

jt044 days ago

I don't think there is a more significant item to have open on the 50th. It would have to be some major reason if it isn't.

mnelson34 days ago

I so want this to be open by October 1st. Won’t be a true 10/1 Anniversary without hearing the train whistle! At least I hope they stage the RR at the MS station and blow the whistle every so often πŸ˜‚.

jt044 days ago

They finally look like there at the point where they can finish the railroad ties. πŸš‚

egg5 days ago

The canopy looks like spaceship earth shed some skin