Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover refurbishment extends to almost the end of the year

Oct 14, 2020 in "Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover"

Posted: Wednesday October 14, 2020 4:41pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover refurbishment has been extended through to at least December 26 2020.

The Magic Kingdom ride closed in the first week of March and has not reopened since. The reopening date has been moved back four times since the refurbishment began, and was most recently planned to be closed through November 28.

The PeopleMover had been seen operating without guests on numerous occasions since the park reopened on July 11 2020, but has remained stationary in recent times.

View all current and upcoming Walt Disney World refurbishments.

hosekiller7 days ago

It was running yesterday and Tuesday the 6th

CastAStone7 days ago

Are they still doing active daily tests or did that end with the latest delay?

JoeCamel15 days ago

Approval from the architectural committee too?

KaliSplash15 days ago

I don't know. But down the road a bit from me in Charleston, they say it takes 4 people. One to change the bulb. One to mix the drinks. Two to talk about how good the old bulb was. :)

ShookieJones15 days ago

Oh this reminds me of sad little tale about the PM. About 6 years back or so we were in the World and I believe the TTA was down for the majority of our trip for a refurb or it was having issues something of that nature. Needless to say, I was itching to ride it the whole trip. We had an opportunity on our last day in the park just before leaving for the airport I noticed it was open and we jumped on! The family four pack was all on board, ahhhh what a way to wrap up another great vacation! As the saying goes... I was happy as pig in..well you know... Unfortunately that age old idiom ended up being a little too accurate. Sitting in the car in front of us were too individuals who hadn't bathed in what seemed..sorry smelled like months...that 'fog' (to use your word) enveloped us for the entire cruise around Tomorrowland. 🤢

disneygeek9016 days ago

I was also always stuck in the queue for MMRR cleaning over the summer. Haven't noticed it as much the past few months so I'm inclined to believe it's been backed off considerably.

marni197116 days ago

Think about the sneezer on RnRC. You’ll be covered in that fog before you know it.

Snow Queen 8316 days ago

I'm thinking one, but they'll only turn it once every six months. They have to wait until they can cover the cost for that 1 light bulb through ticket sales.

SteveAZee16 days ago

Just thinking about the guy in front of me, taking off his mask to let out a huge sneeze, and my car having to cruise through that fog. :hungover:

bcoachable16 days ago

99 Disneys walk into a bar, bartender says “99 Disneys, you know your not allowed in this bar, now get out”....

Brer Panther16 days ago

How many Disneys does it take to fix a lightbulb?

JoeCamel16 days ago

Depends if the lightbulb was really old technology and guests were filing lawsuits for injuries sustained while in the presence of the lightbulb

Snow Queen 8316 days ago

Disney is taking forever for everything. They probably would take a year to fix one light bulb.

HauntedPirate16 days ago

I think it could be an hourly cleaning cycle right now. That seemed to be what we encountered a few weeks ago.