Inside Look at Tiana's Bayou Adventure Merchandise Collection

Jun 11, 2024 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Tiana's Bayou Adventure merchandise preview
Posted: Tuesday June 11, 2024 11:44am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has shared a new inside look at all of the merchandise coming to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom for the opening season of Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Inspired by the creative pillars of "Community," "Music," "Food," and "Firefly Magic," merchandise designers, in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering, created this collection of take-home treasures to serve as memories of guests' adventures in the bayou.

From casual wear to kitchenware and toys to treats, here is an inside look at the new merchandise collection celebrating Tiana's Bayou Adventure attraction.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Tha Realest8 hours ago

*YMMV

DCBaker15 hours ago

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure has officially been added to the available attraction list during Extended Evening Hours and will be available via a Virtual Queue: An Extra Opportunity to Join the Virtual Queue Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have additional opportunities to join virtual queues. At 6:00 PM on nights with extended evening theme park hours at Magic Kingdom park, these Guests can request to join the virtual queue for: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure TRON Lightcycle / Run

monothingie16 hours ago

That seems very low. My take is that they are holding back VQ capacity to account for reliablity issues.

Tuvalu16 hours ago

I’ve ridden via VQ four times. First VQ wait was 10 minutes (AP preview) Three times last week, which were all between 15-20 minutes. I have had to wait in about 2/3 of the exterior outdoor queue and the wait was still 20 minutes. It is a high capacity ride and it loads/unloads quickly. I am also fortunate not to have experienced any downtime. One day the ride did not open on time but when it opened, we only waited 15 minutes with our Group 21.

monothingie16 hours ago

Why? A VQ can hide a lot of that and allows Disney to strictly control admittance to the attraction. Also keep in mind that just because there is a VQ doesn't mean guests are not waiting in line. A VQ at Tron or GOTG often means at least an hour or more wait just to ride. I'd be curious to know how long guests with a VQ have to wait in the physical queue. Granted it's a higher capacity attraction, but if the prevailing wait time is less than 30 minutes, then either Disney is artificially holding back capacity by limiting the number and size of the boarding groups or they're really good at cycling guests through the attraction. (I don't think it's the latter)

monothingie17 hours ago

Epcot82Guy17 hours ago

Oh - no doubt. It's not quite SSE or JP River Adventure level, but it had BIG maintenance needs. To be fair, from what I understand, it's totally separate budgets. So, in megacorp world, the $150M from one wouldn't get reallocated to the other. But, perhaps that's part of the issue (being a company of this size).

DCLcruiser17 hours ago

It's sad that attraction don't have a maintenance budget already included so that newly allocated funds can be used for new or updated attractions. I def thought that Splash's AA looked tired the last time I rode. The puppet fur carpeting was looking old for sure.

gerarar1 day ago

You can book multiple VQs in one day. The catch is that you must have used your first VQ BG by the time you try to join another VQ eg. You got a TBA BG in the morning 7am VQ drop. If by 1pm your BG has not been called yet, you cannot get a Tron BG. If it has been called and redeemed, then yes you can get a Tron VQ. I've been thinking about this recently and one way around it is to not add your friend (or family member) to your TBA party. If your BG gets called before 1pm, just go to a GET umbrella and say you forgot to add them and they'll add them to your existing TBA BG. If your BG hasn't been called by 1pm, let your friend/family members get a Tron VQ. After your TBA BG gets called and you've ridden, go to a GET umbrella afterwards to add the rest of your party to the Tron BG. I've been reading on Twitter that they haven't been strict on return times for Tron recently, so maybe policy has changed and you can show up late for Tron now. Also the afternoon 1pm drop for Tron has been lasting for at least an hour now for the past 2 weeks, so there's at least some wiggle room now.

TheCoasterNerd1 day ago

Any idea if this'll be off VQ by... Saturday? I know, I know, wishful thinking, but I'm only going for a day and I REALLY want to be able to do TBA and Tron in my one day. Also, is it possible to book TBA at 7 and Tron at 1 (I'm going with someone VERY good at their refresh game so no worries there) but can you book one at 7 and the other at 1? Or is it literally one VQ per day

Epcot82Guy1 day ago

I agree you are right there. But, it also begs the question... What if you took a $150M budget (leaving aside the other Splash factors) and really dumped it back into 2-3 attractions. There is a long list of attractions that could use a restoration. That person's response could be used to support new attractions - or to focus on maintenance. Because the list of "old" (i.e. dirty) attractions grows each time the money goes to a new attraction vs. restoration.

DCLcruiser1 day ago

Yes, but not all. Especially when it comes to Splash.

UNCgolf1 day ago

I don't think that's really different than what most people say -- that the maintenance (or lack thereof) is a serious problem.

DCLcruiser1 day ago

Ah, the viewpoint of fresh eyes that aren't using nostalgia-vision.