Disney confirms location of Star Wars Resort with new details

May 30, 2018 in "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge"

Star Wars Resort concept art
Posted: Wednesday May 30, 2018 2:06pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today officially confirmed that the upcoming Star Wars Resort will be located on the south side of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, just east of World Drive.

According to a post on the official Disney Parks Blog, "This location will allow the experience to be seamlessly connected to the highly-anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, enabling guests to fully immerse themselves in the story of Star Wars."

Information on the new resort is scarce, but Disney says "Families visiting this destination will board a starship that comes alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during their voyage through the galaxy – and every cabin window has views of space! Guests visiting the multi-day adventure will also be welcome to participate as a resident of the Galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire."

raymusiccity8 hours ago

It's becoming a challenge separating the 'trollers' from the 'trollee's' !! 😄

MisterPenguin9 hours ago

Your destiny lies not on a path, but in your choices. good job, nerds you figured it out.

rle4lunch9 hours ago

they'd slap a cancer warning prop 65 sticker on it first... :rolleyes:

FigmentFan8211 hours ago

guessing $1,200pp for 2 nights, $600kids

UNCgolf11 hours ago

Exactly. And since the Starcruiser is highly anticipated (as was Galaxy's Edge), there's no good reason whatsoever to oversell. They don't need to attract people. Overpromising can only hurt.

ImperfectPixie12 hours ago

Always under promise and over deliver.

UNCgolf13 hours ago

I also agree, but that's still my point. They're overselling it in a way they don't need to. There's no reason to put something out there that even implies it's going to be more than what it is. There's no upside; only downside. It's the same thing they did with Galaxy's Edge. Part of the GE problem was due to cutting things they'd announced, but they still kept referring to "live your own story" like it was going to be something fundamentally different than any other theme park land as opposed to just having a few small things here and there. Not that I'm suggesting the Starcruiser and GE are going to be the same -- I expect the Starcruiser to be much closer to what they hinted GE would be.

larryz13 hours ago

So the wait time is over a year... got it.

larryz13 hours ago

I wonder what California would say about that...

nickys13 hours ago

I think they mean that everyone can do different things, you won’t be forced to do A then B then C and then D. You can choose to go to the bridge and join the battle or go down to the engineering room or take light sabre class. That’s how it’s tailored to you, by your choices.

UNCgolf13 hours ago

Right, I'm not arguing that. That's exactly what I expect to happen. There will be some choices here and there. That's not how they're marketing it, though, which is my point. They're marketing it like every single person is going to have a unique experience specifically tailored to them and not something done by majority or something similar. There's no chance that happens.

nickys21 hours ago

There are only 100 rooms, so 400 people in total for each “voyage”. Don’t see why it’s not do-able. There’s a planetarium-type attraction near me that runs shows about the environment. At certain points it asks the audience to vote for a choice. Depending on how the audience votes, you then see the impact of that choice. Same could be done here.

UNCgolf1 day ago

I actually don't think there will be any upcharge opportunities -- at least at first. I think it would be pretty bad PR to charge people what they're going to charge for an immersive experience, and then tell them to get the full immersive experience, you need to pay even more. I wouldn't be surprised to see some added down the line but I expect they'll make it a fully inclusive one price experience to start (other than merch and booze like you mentioned; I'm sure there will be opportunities to spend more money on that type of thing).

MisterPenguin1 day ago