Disney confirms location of Star Wars Resort with new details

May 30, 2018 in "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge"

Star Wars Resort concept art
Posted: Wednesday May 30, 2018 2:06pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today officially confirmed that the upcoming Star Wars Resort will be located on the south side of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, just east of World Drive.

According to a post on the official Disney Parks Blog, "This location will allow the experience to be seamlessly connected to the highly-anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, enabling guests to fully immerse themselves in the story of Star Wars."

Information on the new resort is scarce, but Disney says "Families visiting this destination will board a starship that comes alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during their voyage through the galaxy – and every cabin window has views of space! Guests visiting the multi-day adventure will also be welcome to participate as a resident of the Galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire."

GimpYancIent2 days ago

On cruises there is usually live musical entertainment these guys would fit nicely on the Halcyon.

doctornick2 days ago

And the great news is that Disney already has experience doing this sort of thing, since the "decisions we make in Batuu impact how residents there interact with you". Right? I mean, I read that was happening so I assume it all is occurring as planned. :rolleyes:

trainplane32 days ago

First this bit: https://blogmickey.com/2021/09/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-snapchat-lens-now-available/ But more importantly.... *The filter went live so BlogMickey used a Chapek picture as a test*

TimeTrip2 days ago

I wonder how many folks will get motion sickness just from the transport given the assumption that there aren't any actual windows. Hopefully the trip isnt too swervy.

Incomudro2 days ago

We all have extensive experiences with buses. They feel like buses. Unless they are extensively modified, and we have been given no indication that these buses - drivetrain, powertrain, brakes, are being modified at all. I'm sorry, but without doing that, you can't make a bus feel like it's flying. It's going to feel like a bus. All of that doesn't matter of course, if it's ground transportation on Batuu.

Incomudro2 days ago

It's certainly speculation on my part. Based on what we haven't heard, and my general belief that Disney is doing things on the Chapek, er... I mean cheap lately. I'm really disappointed, that of all ways to get guests from the hotel to GE, they chose a bus.

TikibirdLand3 days ago

WOW! Now, THAT would be something people would pay big bucks for!

Bullseye19673 days ago

5?

Epcot82Guy3 days ago

SWGalaxys_Edge3 days ago

Imagine if Disney could do this on the Halcyon...

SWGalaxys_Edge3 days ago

"The Immersive Industry Homecoming Summit Highlights Day Two" Walt Disney Imagineer Sara Thatcher talked about Walt Disney Imagineering’s most exciting project, Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. Designed around an experience similar to a cruise, Thatcher said that the familiar structure helps guests to know how to interact. Thatcher also talked about two things she was particularly excited about: “We’re bringing a light-saber experience unlike anything like you’ve experienced before,” said Thatcher. Another thing she is excited about is how the decisions people make during the experience will affect the story as the experience progresses, even down to selling someone out. credit: themeparkmagazine.com

EeyoreFan#243 days ago

I see your point and they may not care at all, however I just think the audience disney is going to get will be mostly people who do not enjoy breaking immersion, even slightly. I think, Disney thinks people leaving will be viewed as just leaving and bringing in objects forgotten in the car just outside the building. Even if they go through the shuttle process, it will be a reminder to the guest and anyone who sees them it is just an interactive hotel and Disney will not want any experiences suffering negatively by another guest where they have to deal with guest relations issues.

sedati3 days ago

When did you see this vehicle to know what was done to it? An electric vehicle on a smooth dedicated path moving under 15mph might not feel like a normal bus (a guess on my part). A bit of movement would be expected as we detach and pull away from the Halcyon. As would our smooth landing. Sound and rumbles can do a lot. Also, we'll be distracted as we meet our pilot and who knows what's actually going on during the trip.

mmascari3 days ago

Because we all have extensive experience traveling in space ships that behave consistent with the technology and physics interactions as depicted in Star Wars? I mean, sure, I head out in my T-16 most weekends. But, I figured that was just me.