Star Wars Galaxy's Edge media blitz begins tomorrow on Disney's TV channels

Sep 25, 2019 in "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge"

Posted: Wednesday September 25, 2019 9:44am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney will be launching a Star Wars Galaxy's Edge media blitz tomorrow with segments across the company's TV channels.

Good Morning America will be showing an exclusive sneak peek into the highly-anticipated attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - opening December 5 at Walt Disney World Resort. Later in the week, Freeform will premiere “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Adventure Awaits” - a 2 hour special on the land.

Here is a run-down of the programming.

Thursday September 26 2019

• “Good Morning America” - 7am ET
  • “The View” - 11am ET
  • “Tamron Hall” (check your local listings)
  • “Strahan, Sara & Keke” - 1pm ET
  • “Nightline” (check your local listings)

Sunday September 29 2019

•  “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Adventure Awaits” - 8pm ET on Freeform

Freeform will give viewers an exciting behind-the-scenes look at the new lands at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in Southern California with a two-hour special, “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Adventure Awaits,” premiering SUNDAY, SEPT. 29, at 8 p.m. EDT. Hosted by Neil Patrick Harris, the immersive and exclusive television event will allow audiences to explore the epic new lands and learn more about how this new planet of Batuu came to life. With celebrity guests including Kaley Cuoco, Keegan-Michael Key, Jay Leno, Sarah Hyland, Miles Brown and more, Walt Disney Imagineers and Disney Cast Members share how they helped bring Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to life with fascinating insider details.

The special will follow Neil Patrick Harris as he meets up with Keegan-Michael Key for some laughs in Oga’s Cantina and takes a tour of Batuu. Sarah Hyland learns about the tensions between the First Order and the Resistance and creates her own droid at the Droid Depot. Jay Leno explores Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, inside and out, and Kaley Cuoco takes a special sneak peek inside the incredible upcoming attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

Animaniac93-985 days ago

Finally had the chance to ride RotR at DLR. Best Disney ride built in the USA since RSR in Cars Land. Got to see both routes the cars take you, and it was A-mode for Kylo Ren both times. As far as Disney trackless dark rides, I think I still like Mystic Manor better, though. I prefer the theme and there's more to look at.

HoustonHorn12 days ago

Did they get rid of the themed bags? I have two different versions - the regular plasticy ones that are (unfortunately) Dallas Cowboy colored and a more canvassy one that is burgundy and has Black Spire Outpost on it. They were available as of Thanksgiving week 2020.

doctornick13 days ago

Absolutely. It’s quite baffling to me they don’t have custom bags for the land (could also use them in the SW shops in Disney Springs). I mean they have like a dozen shops in GE.

disneyC9713 days ago

I still find the use of generic “Disney Parks” bags the most ridiculous considering the lengths and expense they went to remove credit card and Coca Cola product names, etc from these lands. In addition to no BGM as it was deemed not thematically appropriate.

matt911227 days ago

Lol i was there opening weekend (before ROTR was open) i remember the forest area just having all of those industrial fans in the shrubbery....i have never seen something make less sense in a theme park so the only sounds were a constant brrrrrrr of fans. To each there own but the music around TWWOHP never came across as too overwhelming. Its the perfect volume.

doctornick28 days ago

I like that the land itself doesn’t have SW music blasting all over and instead has ambiance sounds… but I’d agree with having SW music at the entrance points to set the mood

doctornick28 days ago

We went last week at DHS and Bespin Fizz was on the menu and all the drinks were in different glasses (I assume appropriate ones for each). The Fizz was smoking when it came out. there was no rushing us out. We were able to stay as long as we wanted. The music wasn’t loud but it was certainly audible. Tough to hear too clearly due to the number of people but about what you’d expect for any crowded place

Haymarket200828 days ago

Not much has changed, as far as I can tell. Drinks were being served in their appropriate glassware and guests were smiling at the Rex and the overall vibe. It actually felt like a far more settled experience, in a good way, since last time I went. Hosts/bartenders weren't rushing people out like before.

Chet Dakota28 days ago

I haven't been in Oga's at DHS since before the Pandemic. We did get into Oga's at DLR this past week though and the "atmosphere" has changed significantly. At DLR, they turned down the volume of REX and the music where you can hardly hear it, they are using generic glasses for all drinks instead of drink-specific glasses, and they no longer serve the Bespin Fizz. Before March 2020, I could have stayed all day in Oga's. It was fun and interactive. This past week, I powered my drinks down and couldn't wait to get out of there. So, what is Oga's like at DHS these days? Have they incorporated these same changes in Florida?

Animaniac93-98Aug 09, 2021

I found the answer in a reddit thread where someone else asked the same question.

Animaniac93-98Aug 09, 2021

According to the Cantina's page on the official site, it looks like it's open up to an hour after park close. But the reservation I saw was 10 minutes before Oga's closing time. So I guess 10:00pm is last call and everyone has to be out by 10:30pm? The page says 45 min max per party.

Animaniac93-98Aug 07, 2021

Is Oga's open after park close? I saw reservations available after the official closing time. Could be that they plan to extend hours though.

mattpetoMay 25, 2021

Disney Comeback Index

EPCOT-O.G.May 24, 2021

Oh hey it's you! I loved that segment. That was terrific. What a great system you put together!