Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser model now on display inside Walt Disney Presents at Disney's Hollywood Studios

May 04, 2021 in "Walt Disney Presents"

Posted: Tuesday May 4, 2021 8:29am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Alongside news of Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser opening in 2022, a model of the ship is now on display at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The model of the Halcyon starcruiser is viewable by guests for a limited time at the Walt Disney Presents exhibit.

The glamorous Halcyon starcruiser, known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations, will be home for the two-day, two-night Star Wars adventure.

fngoofy1 day ago

They would scale it up if they can provide a compelling experience to more people and make more money. Those new light sabers alone would sell themselves if you just had a cool training secession.

UBPurpleKnights2 days ago

I couldn't even tell you what milk cost when I was a kid. My mother did all the shopping🤣

nickys2 days ago

The job adverts gave back stories for the main roles.

mmascari2 days ago

My apologies, you're still a fountain of youth. Oh to be 35 and carefree again...... :happy: And milk was a nickel dime. Perhaps fifteen cents? Couldn't have been a quarter yet. 😂

wedenterprises2 days ago

If this hotel is $ucce$$ful, will we see other similar concepts around WDW/Planet Earth?

UBPurpleKnights2 days ago

Of course it wouldn't be MAGICAL for you. It wasn't your car.😛

Daveyploo2 days ago

Was that Honda MAGICAL though?!? Didn't think so! 🤪 Also I tried to look in to it but came up empty; wasn't one of the theorized reasons Disney cheapened out on Star Wars land roving characters (not the big ones like Kylo or Mary Sue) was because those were technically actors and, in California at least, required SAG membership or something? Or am I remembering wrong? Why will this hotel experience be different in any case? Do people really expect to encounter dozens of interesting in-character actors here, each with their own backstory?

UBPurpleKnights2 days ago

lol I'm 35😅 Oh and get off my lawn you damn kids! haha

mmascari2 days ago

And milk was a nickel. Also, get off my lawn. :D

UBPurpleKnights2 days ago

When I was in high school $5K bought me a used Honda that lasted me a solid decade and Disney wants to charge the same amount for a 2 night experience.:facepalm: Then again, I do understand there are people out there who would spend that kind of money regardless if they could afford it or not.

nickys2 days ago

Why would they scale it up if they can charge people for it in a very expensive niche experience? I just don’t see why they would want to if they have enough people willing to pay. That said, they already do it for kids, so they could make two sessions a day just for adults if they wanted to. This is a bucket list wish for DH and he’s willing to use some of his retirement lump sum payment to pay for it. If we do, this is the one thing I really, really want to try.

fngoofy2 days ago

Well, for the experience that it seems you are going to get, it has to be one on one. Or, more likely a family or two. BUT not all at once or maybe two at a time. It's the tech experience that is the limiter. I've gotta think there will be some force feedback on the saber, coupled with a foggy room so you can see some "laser blasts" coming to your blade. IF they could do it at scale they would. And who knows, with practice and advancing tech, maybe they can scale it up, but I think we are some years out on that.

kingdead2 days ago

Is the technology to do a group "training" really that complicated? You could get 30 people in at a time, do a preshow, and then have people "practice" for a few minutes. Maybe you get a picture of yourself practicing if that's technologically feasible. I am NOT an Imagineer so perhaps that really would be super difficult, but the problem I see is that it's free with admission...

ThatMouse2 days ago

This is a luxury experience designed to attract new rich customers. It seems more of an extension of the VIP tour guides that let you completely skip the lines. It will be interesting I guess to see how it works... I mean as interesting as watching billionaires go to space.