Construction walls up in the Morocco pavilion as Disney moves to modify a social media photo spot

Apr 05, 2021 in "Morocco (Pavilion)"

Morocco Pavilion refurbishment walls - April 5 2021
Posted: Monday April 5, 2021 10:44am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Construction walls went up at the end of last week in EPCOT'S Morocco pavilion as Disney moves to modify a social media photo spot.

The walls block entrance to the back of the pavilion where work is taking place.

Scaffolding and a work scrim can be seen around the construction area which contains a structure with a suggestive appearance when viewed from certain angles and poses.

Access to the area is also blocked from the other side of the marketplace. The remainder of the Morocco pavilion's walkways are open to guests.

Since taking over the pavilion from the former third party operating participant, Disney has been making small modifications, including a new menu at Spice Road Table, some cosmetic changes to the Gifts of Morocco store, and currently refurbishing the bathrooms.

castlecake2.07 hours ago

Saw this in person the other day and it felt kinda weird that this is the only pavilion with such different pavement

wdwmagic18 hours ago

Latest look at the progress at Morocco https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/tangierine-cafe/gallery/23jun2021-tangierine-cafe-refurbishment---june-23-2021.htm Walls have been moved to give access to the Tanierine Cafe, but the Race Again The Sun is now blocked off. Also more of the new textured concrete has been completed on the main promenade.

aladdin20075 days ago

agree, was the last one left where you could walk up and get right in and enjoy a comfortable meal and not be rushed or packed in like all the other chow halls.

Prototype826 days ago

Yikes about the cast. I have wanted to try the bites but I've heard it's a ghost of its former self. Would love a new market back there... Something new that would financially be a success.

castlecake2.06 days ago

They do have a a sangria cart back there with some snacks, staffed by someone from American Adventure las time I was there. It felt kinda sad and lacklustre though.

Prototype826 days ago

It looks like it's getting really close. I love where the "masonry" is going. I just wish they would put a food market in that medina to pull some traffic and life back there...

castlecake2.06 days ago

Hopefully this refurbishment wraps up quickly and the shrub wall goes away because epcot is a mess today and people need more places to go

MisterPenguin6 days ago

My friend and I loved it as it was. It was our top choice for an Epcot TS meal.

Snow Queen 836 days ago

It would be nice if they fixed the Marrakesh table service. It has never been a fan favorite, so might as well tinker.

Figgy114 days ago

The food was good enough my boys waited until after the meal to notice Mo Rockin or the belly dancer.

Naplesgolfer14 days ago

I hope Marrakesh comes back in similar form to years past. The food was good and atmosphere/staff felt authentic. We need more of this in Epcot.

Lilofan15 days ago

I missed Tangerine. Sitting there admiring and enjoying Mo Rockin and the beautiful belly dancer.

castlecake2.015 days ago

It looks like Tangerine Café will be returning for food and wine fest