New Disney World 50th anniversary blue and gold color scheme moves into the Transportation and Ticket Center

Apr 30, 2021 in "Magic Kingdom"

Transportation and Ticket Center new color scheme - April 28 2021
Posted: Friday April 30, 2021 10:51a ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Gateway to the Magic Kingdom, the Transportation and Ticket Center, is being updated with the new blue and gold color scheme for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World.

The EPCOT monorail entrance sign is currently being worked on, with the majority of the blue and gold already complete.

The billboard poster kiosks have also been updated with the new color - a change from the old purple color scheme that featured heavily at the TTC.

Even the drinking water fountains have been updated with the new look.

The blue and gold look takes design cues from the new look Cinderella Castle, and has also been seen at the TTC parking plaza, as well as at the roadway gateways leading into Disney World property.

Movielover27 days ago

And I had just gotten "If You Had Wings" out of my head, thanks... Going to be awake all night hearing that now.

HauntedPirate27 days ago

Wow, that’s a memory from my younger years, off in the dusty corners of my brain!

michmousefan28 days ago

Anyone else old enough to get some Eastern Airlines vibes from those stripes? https://pixels.com/featured/eastern-whisperliner-l-1011-erik-simonsen.html

castlecake2.028 days ago

It’s in an interesting spot theming wise. Do you make it match Main Street? But it provides transport to other places too. Disney Springs look would be nice, and would compliment the ferry boats, but what about the monorails. I’m not sure what theme would work best here, seems like imagineers didn’t either so now we have 1970s transit hub.

Splashin' Ryan28 days ago

The fact that most of the lighting is still linear fluorescent tube lighting has always put me off. If the area got the facelift that say, Disney Springs got around their area with brick finishes, landscaping, etc I'd be much happier. The TTC has always looked like a concrete wasteland and I don't see much hope seeing that they just expanded some of it and copied the design of the original look.

Smiley/OCD28 days ago

FWIW, I LOVE the road sign color combo…It’s so unlike the typical roadway signs, you REALLY know when you’re on property…but that’s just me.

Parker in NYC28 days ago

When I was young, I prayed for lightning (not McQueen).

MorphinePrince28 days ago

I'm gonna run right to, to the edge with you where we can both fall far in love 😍

MorphinePrince28 days ago

Amazing what a good coat of paint will do to an area that's always looked like a dump! Glad they finally spruced the TTC up!

Otamin28 days ago

A very welcome change.

Parker in NYC29 days ago

:confused: It's hot to feel the rush. To brush the dangerous.

castlecake2.029 days ago

TTC would look good with an EPCOT main entrance re do, but this is nice as well.

91JLovesDisney29 days ago

I think it looks nice - nothing super exciting, but nice

Nick_A29 days ago

Very happy that the 90’s purple is going away. This is a good change.