Disney reveals its Walt Disney World license plate design for Florida

Mar 23, 2021 in "Magic Kingdom"

Posted: Tuesday March 23, 2021 11:06am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The wait is over for Walt Disney World fans looking to get their hands on the recently announced 50th anniversary license plate.

The design features the “EARidescent” 50th anniversary castle logo on a royal blue background. Inspired by the color scheme of Cinderella Castle, this magical plate is currently available for presale and will also help make even more dreams true, with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting Make-A-Wish of Central and Northern Florida and their work granting wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.

Interested drivers can purchase a presale voucher now for $25 plus applicable state administration fees exclusively through their local County Tax Collector’s Office, license plate agencies (DMVs) across the State of Florida, or online through the Orange County Tax Collector’s Office at https://www.octaxcol.com/specialty-license-plate-vouchers/.

David M4 days ago

Got one today

mkt4 days ago

We got ours today for my wife's car!

Brian17 days ago

Hey, those gold statues aren't cheap, you know!

J454617 days ago

Disney shoulda made the lightning lanes the make a wish lanes and given a percentage of revenue to make a wish. Also, genies and wishes are tied together.

JohnD17 days ago

I’ll get on that immediately after Labor Day. Thanks! Nice reference to “It is Time” from Lion King, BTW.

DCBaker17 days ago

Here's the announcement from FLHSMV today stating the plates are now available statewide - "The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) is pleased to announce that the new Walt Disney World specialty license plate has been delivered to tax collector offices and license plate agencies statewide. Floridians who purchased presale vouchers for the specialty plate are now able to redeem them at their local tax collector office or license plate agency, and those who wish to purchase the new specialty plate may do so at their local office." https://www.flhsmv.gov/2021/09/03/it-is-time-flhsmv-announces-new-walt-disney-world-specialty-license-plate/

disneygeek9021 days ago

Thanks for the link! Glad to know I’m not the only one that doesn’t understand how the DMV and Tax Collectors work 😂

vikescaper21 days ago

Unfortunately, I don’t have a clue how this would be done. Here is the link to the application, though: https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/83043.pdf

disneygeek9021 days ago

Interesting. I already purchased a voucher, do you still have to do the application after purchasing the voucher?

vikescaper21 days ago

I just looked into it and you can do a vanity plate with the WDW 50th plate. When you fill out the application for the vanity plate, you can select which plate you want and the WDW one is an option.

disneygeek9021 days ago

I’ve never tried a vanity plate but thought I would for this. Is it not an available option?

vikescaper21 days ago

I know what you mean! I think the last time I was to the local tax collector office was 2014 right before I got my previous car. I may just kill two birds with one stone as I need to get one of those new fangled driver's license. I don’t really want to because I actually have hair in my current DL photo.

Brian21 days ago

If you mean plate number, I believe they are randomized and will not be the same as your current one. I changed from the plate listing my county to the one saying "In God We Trust" and asked to keep my plate number (since I had it memorized) and they said they don't do plates to order, except for actual vanity plates (custom messages).

mnelson321 days ago

Ugh was hoping they would mail it lol 🙄. Hope they take appointments so I can go right in and out of there! Haven’t been or had to deal with a tax collectors location in a few years thankfully and it’s not a fun experience to say the least! Anyone know yet if they are allowing you to change your number for this plate?