Florida residents will be able to buy a Walt Disney World 50th license plate supporting Make-A-Wish

Oct 16, 2020 in "Magic Kingdom"

Posted: Friday October 16, 2020 12:29pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced that it plans to produce a Florida State specialty license plate in honor of Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary.

Proceeds from the sale of the plate will go to Make-A-Wish of Central and Northern Florida.

The design of this specialty plate will be revealed at a later date, but interested car owners can purchase a presale voucher now for $25 plus applicable state administration fees through local County Tax Collector’s offices and license plate agencies (DMVs) across the State of Florida.

JohnD2 days ago

Now I'm ready with the latest AP magnet.

JohnD3 days ago

No. The vehicle info is on your current registration. I walked in with the voucher receipt as received and vehicle registration. Obviously, have your drivers license with you too.

vikescaper3 days ago

After I pre-ordered, I received a “Specialty Plate Voucher Receipt.” It has my name, birthdate, and driver’s license # preprinted. At the top of the form, my vehicle information is blank. I don’t know if I need to fill in this information.

JohnD3 days ago

??? You should have a voucher filled out with your info pre-printed. Am I missing something?

vikescaper3 days ago

Dumb question….should I fill out the voucher before I get to the tax collector tomorrow?

mkt4 days ago

Except in counties with private tag agencies, which are Miami Dade, Broward, Manatee, Volusia, and Lee. The process is the same, but the websites and phone calls are different, and the fees are slightly higher. Orange County has them, but for dealers only (ie, buying license plates in bulk, and doing bulk registrations of car sales)

JohnD4 days ago

Yeah, the tax collector's office in my county is also by appointment due to COVID. It may be that way all over Florida. Advice to anyone getting a tag, check your tax collector's office website about going to locations. You may have to make a reservation online first. Obviously, being a member of this forum and a WDW guest, you're used to that.

monorail814 days ago

No. In person. Even though I am keeping the same personalization, I had to fill out the form as if it was my first time requesting it. Our tax collector is still working on an appointment system, so it took less than 10 minutes.

vikescaper4 days ago

I bit the bullet and booked an appointment for this Thursday at the local tax collector’s office. Thankfully, they had an appointment before I start my work shift.

vikescaper4 days ago

I know, I know.

vikescaper4 days ago

I preordered mine through the Orange County site so I will have to go to the local tax collector. I just have to bite the bullet and take a longer lunch break one of these days so I can run there. I believe my sister ordered hers through the website you provided the link to.

mkt4 days ago

That's fair, however you can order a personalized one now, swap it when it arrives, and keep the original one as a souvenir.

mkt4 days ago

Even the privatized tag offices have crappy hours, but a few open on Saturdays. The difference is that they charge more for their services.

mkt4 days ago

This service does it online - https://myfloridaspecialtyplate.com/walt-disney-world.html However, if you do it at the tax collector's office, you can usually get in and out very quickly if you show up first thing. In my case, I was in and out in 25 minutes, and that included having to do two license plate replacements/renewals, and an HOV decal.