Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary license plate reaches its pre-sale requirement to begin production

Apr 01, 2021 in "Magic Kingdom"

Posted: Thursday April 1, 2021 9:46am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary license plate has cleared the pre-order threshold to move into production.

The Florida license plate required 3000 pre-orders before moving into production, which it has now reached after just over a week of being available to pre-order.

The design features the “EARidescent” 50th anniversary castle logo on a royal blue background. Inspired by the color scheme of Cinderella Castle, 100 percent of the proceeds will be benefiting Make-A-Wish of Central and Northern Florida and their work granting wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.

Interested drivers can purchase a presale voucher now for $25 plus applicable state administration fees exclusively through their local County Tax Collector’s Office, license plate agencies (DMVs) across the State of Florida, or online through the Orange County Tax Collector’s Office at https://www.octaxcol.com/specialty-license-plate-vouchers/.

vikescaper7 minutes ago

I bit the bullet and booked an appointment for this Thursday at the local tax collector’s office. Thankfully, they had an appointment before I start my work shift.

vikescaper17 minutes ago

I know, I know.

vikescaper22 minutes ago

I preordered mine through the Orange County site so I will have to go to the local tax collector. I just have to bite the bullet and take a longer lunch break one of these days so I can run there. I believe my sister ordered hers through the website you provided the link to.

mkt24 minutes ago

That's fair, however you can order a personalized one now, swap it when it arrives, and keep the original one as a souvenir.

mkt26 minutes ago

Even the privatized tag offices have crappy hours, but a few open on Saturdays. The difference is that they charge more for their services.

mkt27 minutes ago

This service does it online - https://myfloridaspecialtyplate.com/walt-disney-world.html However, if you do it at the tax collector's office, you can usually get in and out very quickly if you show up first thing. In my case, I was in and out in 25 minutes, and that included having to do two license plate replacements/renewals, and an HOV decal.

JohnD31 minutes ago

A government agency? You’re asking a lot.

JohnD35 minutes ago

Personalized is likely an additional fee. You need to go to your local tax collectors office to get the tag. This is different from a simple renewal. Keep in mind you’ll have to wait approx 8 weeks for the personalized tag.

JoeCamel1 hour ago

Gee, I wonder who got "71.........

disneygeek901 hour ago

Did you order the personalized plate online?

monorail811 hour ago

Sitting here waiting for mine. I have 7 more weeks. We have a personalized plate.

disneygeek901 hour ago

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there’s an additional fee for the personalized plate? Also if ordering a personalized plate, does that have to be done in person with the process you described?

vikescaper1 hour ago

I really need to get to the tax collector. Why can’t they be open on the weekends?

JohnD1 hour ago

I chose to get my plate now before going to the 50th next week. Otherwise, it will take approx 8 weeks to get the personalized plate.