More props added to the new Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise sunken boat scene

Jun 23, 2021 in "Jungle Cruise"

Props added to Jungle Cruise sunken boat scene
Posted: Wednesday June 23, 2021 8:50am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Walt Disney Imagineering has been busy adding more props to the new sunken boat scene that debuted last week at the Magic Kingdom's Jungle Cruise.

Alongside the new sunken boat, we see several storage trunks, supply containers, and some driftwood. The larger trunk is labelled "PUFFIN," which is presumably the owner's name.

The new sunken boat addition joins other recent arrivals on the Jungle Cruise, including the Trader Sam's Gift Shop installation, and the just completed Trapped Skipper scene.

Disney has said that the ride will be completed later this summer and will remain in operation throughout with no closures needed.

zakattack9940 minutes ago

No idea like I said just saw this on Twitter. If true my only guess is that Ziploc pitched a fit about being thrown under the bus twice with Splash. First being negatively portrayed when Disney announced that they would ban plastics the day after Ziploc announced their sponsorship. And second Disney branding the ride they sponsor racist with Splash. So this is What they agreed to to help smooth everything over. Like I said no idea if true but this is my 2 cents.

James Alucobond44 minutes ago

Pre-emptive IP inclusion. Frozen 3 is going to be about Elsa running afoul of big refrigeration and storage because of her ice powers.

Notes from Neverland46 minutes ago

Did their Splash Mountain sponsorship expire? That one at least made a little sense...

zakattack9949 minutes ago

Popped up on my Twitter. Is this new?

Incomudro12 hours ago

Generally, I agree with what you said here - and will often say things like this myself. But given the trend, I'm not optimistic. I'd prefer to be wrong.

Bocabear12 hours ago

WDW's Adventureland Entrance has always been less interesting than it's counterpart in California... But they did used to have torches around the entrance at night which were beautiful...Those are gone now, and the entrance is just a bare arbor... It would have been nice to have reconstructed it more like the Disneyland Entrance... More evocative of adventure than an arbor with stuff tied to it.... and the hut roofs on either side would have provided a little shade and shelter during rainstorms.

LittleBuford1 day ago

Maybe it's wise to wait for the project's completion before jumping to conclusions.

Archie1231 day ago

I'm guessing a guy drew that picture.

Incomudro1 day ago

Nothing spells adventure like the letters "Adventure." We'll just imagine what that means.

Brer Panther1 day ago

If natives in of themselves are being considered offensive now (I mean, there isn't anything really offensive about the MASK, right?), I wonder what that means for Moana.

mergatroid1 day ago

Can't say I even noticed the hook :D

Magicart871 day ago

Or this guy:

GimpYancIent1 day ago

Hey, since the Jungle Cruise is central to Adventure land and primates are emerging all over the place could an emblem or logo / representation evolve from something like this?

GimpYancIent1 day ago

Yeah, you are right. The hook? Not cartoony enough? Ahhhh too much cleavage, don't want to be slapped with an R rating? It's a thought though.