The Witches are back! Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular returns to Magic Kingdom as part of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Aug 17, 2022 in "Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular"

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular 2022
Posted: Wednesday August 17, 2022 11:08am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular returned to Magic Kingdom last night during the second Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

The first party night was severely affected by rain, which meant the first Hocus Pocus show was cut short, the second show was canceled, and the third show was an abbreviated weather edition.

It wasn't entirely smooth sailing on the second night either, with the first show delayed due to technical issues and the second show canceled after a few minutes following a false fire alarm in Cinderella Castle. Fortunately for partygoers, the midnight show went off without a hitch.

The returning show is almost identical to the 2019 and earlier versions. One new addition is a short sing-along section during "I Put A Spell On You." The castle projectors display the words just below the 50th medallion.

Guests attending Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party during August and September can see the show at 8:35pm, 10:45p, and midnight. For party nights in October, an additional show is available at 7:40pm.

Click the gallery to see more pictures of the 2022 Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, and watch the video below to see the very first complete performance of this year's Halloween season.

James Alucobond1 hour ago

"Christmas" literally means "Christ's Mass", whereas Easter's name comes from the pagan celebration of the goddess Eostre. Wasn't speaking to the importance of either holiday, just to their demonstrable willingness to say a holiday's name that very explicitly references Christ.

Vacationeer1 hour ago

I took the point as WDW has no issue saying Christmas (closely related to the word Christian), so why would they intentionally avoid saying Easter. And they don’t avoid saying Easter either.

jpeden1 hour ago

Well this is the hot take for the day, considering they are the two most important holidays on the Christian calendar, and that the entire religion is based on believing in the resurrection that happened on Easter, I would disagree. But what do I know?

Chip Chipperson1 hour ago

DEEP FAKE!!!!!!🕵️‍♂️

MisterPenguin1 hour ago

Hawg G2 hours ago

And..... MNSSHP tickets are sold out. Very happy I got them.

James Alucobond2 hours ago

The word “Easter” has far less to do with Christianity than “Christmas” does.

raymusiccity2 hours ago

They might say Hippity Hoppity, but Disney will never use that dreaded word......Easter!🤒

Hawg G3 hours ago

THANK YOU. Was in line at Disney Springs when I saw this. A bit glitchy, but my tickets are now in MDE for tonight!

Zummi Gummi3 hours ago

I posted this in the other thread but in case anyone is wondering I was able to get them at guest relations at DHS about 20 minutes ago.

DCBaker3 hours ago

Tickets for the party tonight are also now available on the Walt Disney World website - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/

DCBaker5 hours ago

It appears some tickets are available at Magic Kingdom for the party tonight -

MagicHappens197120 hours ago

This would be easy & pretty cheap for them to do. Wouldn’t put it past them. I’m surprised they don’t do more special event things, “Minnie’s Magical Valentine Nights”, “Mickeys Super St Patrick’s Day Party”, etc

WorldExplorer20 hours ago

Each time I look in my candy bag and see one of the little pastel colored Starbursts packs, I briefly wonder if they're reusing unsold Easter candy.