Painting the Harmonious show barges continues at EPCOT

Apr 29, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Painting and cleaning Mexico barge for Harmonious - April 28 2021
Posted: Thursday April 29, 2021 9:21am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Work is continuing on painting the Harmonious show barges in World Showcase Lagoon, with crews currently working on the Mexico platform.

The pipework at the end of the barge that carries water from the lagoon to the fountains is being primed in a yellow/gold paint prior to be painted black.

On the front of the barge, the large black area below the screen that has weathered particularly badly is being pressure washed and looks like it may be prepared for paint.

As you can see from the Canada barge, the weather is already taking a toll on the appearance, particularly on the large flat area below the screen.

cookiee_munster4 hours ago

less is more?

marni19717 hours ago

It’ll debut before then.

michmousefan7 hours ago

Personally, sure, I'm looking forward to the new show, but I always come back to the fact that there will (likely) never be another Illuminations/ROE. And that's fine. One of the Disney nighttime spectaculars has to be the best of all time, the GOAT, whatever... and for those of us, that is/was/will be ROE. So... very tempered expectations; I genuinely hope Harm has its own share of earned emotion and spectacle. I'm mostly worried that once word gets out that the best viewing spot is directly in front of the Showcase Plaza area, folks are going to try to plunk down their chairs and what not at 4-5pm to secure a good viewing spot. That goes back to the well thought-out design on ROE: it was great from just about anywhere on the promenade; and there wasn't as much elbowing to find a good spot to watch the show. That new central ring really should be rotating. Maybe my worries will be eclipsed once the actual show debuts. We'll have to see.

mightynine9 hours ago

"What do you mean, this Klingon cloaking device I got off eBay is a fake? There's a certificate of authenticity and everything!"

wdwmagic9 hours ago

Appears the daytime mode is still being worked on, it is not running this morning. Crews are still working on hardware issues.

Captain Barbossa9 hours ago

At the end of the day, Harm will be a huge success among millennials, which seems to be Disney’s target audience these days. It’ll be bright enough, loud enough, tacky enough, contain enough Coco, Frozen, and Moana, and short enough to satisfy their attention span. As long as guests are going “Wow! Bright! Noise! Color! (Enter latest popular IP here)! Loud! Disney! Sounds! Instagram! Sparkle! Bang! (Enter latest popular IP here)! Magic! Shiny! Disney! Wow! Instagram! Wow! Disney!” within the first 1 1/2 - 2mins of the show, it will be a success. The bar is lower than low.

Fe Maiden9 hours ago

Who knew the Legion of Doom's headquarters was at the bottom of World Showcase Lagoon.

HauntedPirate10 hours ago

It’s a lot of bluster from people who don’t have a clue what EPCOT Center was about. All the lines were likely written and/or approved by PR people, who also don’t have a clue what EPCOT Center was about. Most likely were born after the 94 “makeover”. After watching that video, I’m not exactly expecting much “story” and a lot of movie IP tie-ins, but it’s not as though my expectations were high to begin with. Basically, HEA 2.0. The bar is set very low these days, so low one could trip on it, and sometimes TDO struggles to even reach that.

montyz8111 hours ago

I wonder if Act 3 will include Illuminations like show and music elements?

nbar11 hours ago

I'll have what the imagineers in the video are drinking. At least for me, and I'd even be willing to bet that most people who watched RoE felt the "power that you would never expect out of a theme park show or experience" during Illuminations. But I'm a tourist, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

Marc Davis Fan11 hours ago

From the video: "It has such a power that you would never expect out of a theme park show or experience." Nice way to denigrate theme parks, Disney. Haven't Disney theme parks strived for depth and meaning since "here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future"? Not to mention, you know, EPCOT Center?

Thelazer11 hours ago

Daytime Fountains....Just when you think it can't get worse.. Taco barges "Hold My Beer!"

HauntedPirate12 hours ago

They are anchored in place. Sadly.

IMDREW16 hours ago

So, from the concept art and EE videos, it looked like those arms would be a beautiful bright and shining gold with light beams bursting out. In this video the arms are barely noticeable! Why have them if you don't see them. :/