Harmonious barge painting moves to the central icon platform at EPCOT

May 28, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Harmonious icon barge painting - May 27 2021
Posted: Friday May 28, 2021 9:18am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Painting of EPCOT'S Harmonious barges is continuing this week as work moves onto the central icon barge.

The massive central platform that contains the large ring structure is having almost every surface painted in a deep black.

All of the pipe work electrical panels and even the air conditioning handlers are being painted.

The black paint appears to be addressing a number of issues, including better weathering performance, improving the daytime appearance, and likely reducing the visibility of the hardware after dark during the show.

Click the gallery for more pictures of the Harmonious paint work.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

I still call it The Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village.

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

Yeah. My family and I are either going in October or November. If we are going in October then I could probably keep myself from watching any spoilers. If we are going in November then I don't think I will have the mental capacity to wait another month 😂. Either way I'll probably just slip up and watch it anyway🤷🏾

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

I've slowly (but not fully) grown out of calling HS "MGM" but if it makes you feel any better, I still often say Downtown Disney instead of Disney Springs 😂

Lands of Wonder2 days ago

I love the visuals and how they dome make it feel right out of a Disney movie, big compromise I think for Epcot, I’d rather see them on a water screen.

Brenthodge2 days ago

Disney thanks you.

Gottliebjess2 days ago

I guess for me the idea is I know it’s for what I think and hope will be for a fantastic nighttime spectacular so it has a purpose and I can say not attractive but totally worth. Ends justify the means I guess in my mind?

Incomudro2 days ago

This is more than just a perfect sightline hindered. This is a huge amount of industrial looking clutter that ruins the whole theme of the area.

mightynine2 days ago

I was there before there even was a MGM studios to get the name wrong, ya whippersnapper

Giss Neric2 days ago

Good luck avoiding spoilers unless you don't have any social media accounts. I have accepted that I will have to watch it on it's debut from YouTube even though we have a planned trip in December.

Gottliebjess2 days ago

Yes! The music sounded amazing and I LOVE they have folks native to those countries and cultures doing the music and signing. One could say it’s harmonious

MisterPenguin2 days ago

Maybe just another 13 years will help break the habit! ;)

Gottliebjess2 days ago

Doesn’t bug me. A perfect sight line isn’t something that’s going to upset me.

mightynine2 days ago

What if you’re like me and call it MGM out of a habit I’ve yet been able to break? Though I’ve gotten better at just calling it Studios.

MisterPenguin2 days ago

It's not HarmonioUS anymore, just Harmonious, or HARMONIOUS. Unless you're one of the cool kids that still boasts how you still call Disney Hollywood Studios "MGM" (which wasn't it's full name to begin with), then you can still use HarmonioUS. ;)