First look video from the upcoming Harmonious nighttime spectacular at EPCOT

Jul 27, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Posted: Tuesday July 27, 2021 3:04pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

With just a few months to go before the debut of Harmonious at EPCOT on October 1, Disney has shared some behind-the-scenes details of the show's story and a first look video at some of the show from inside the park.

According to Disney, "Harmonious" illuminates our shared humanity, bringing to life the vision of EPCOT through a celebration of our world and its promise. Over the years, cultures from around the world have provided inspiration for Disney films and music. In "Harmonious," a global community of musical artists has come together and reinterpreted those familiar stories and songs in their own voice, honoring their respective cultures.

The show moves through three distinct chapters, inviting us to gather on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon, celebrate the countries and cultures of the world, and ultimately unite to create a bright tomorrow. "Harmonious" begins with a sunrise, and as the world awakens around us, we set out on a journey that takes us across the globe. From the South Pacific home of "Moana" and a Middle-Eastern interpretation of "Aladdin" to "The Jungle Book" in India, China's legend of "Mulan," the European nations that inspired "Brave" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," and so much more.

Here's a first look at a recent rehearsal of the show from inside EPCOT, and some details from Steven Davison, Executive Creative Director and Mark Huffman, Show Director.

MansionButler845 minutes ago

Like…”A Whole New World”?

mnelson310 minutes ago

Not saying “Someday” is a bad song but I would have preferred something more upbeat and fun rather than something on the serious and emotional side. Unfortunately DE sounds like it’ll be the same thing. Maybe the exit songs will be more upbeat.

Disnutz31111 minutes ago

Better than his nuts…

danv314 minutes ago

Thanks for this tip!

trainplane333 minutes ago

I don't want to hear about Chapeks lemons. Please.

drumbum6740 minutes ago

There is a not-probably-legal recording on YouTube of the La Jolla production. I saw the Ogunquit production, which I honestly thought was better. I’m not an emotional person, but I was bawling (along with 90% of the audience) by the end. I saw it a few years ago, so the themes of racism, bigotry, and immigration hit home extra hard.

HauntedPirate51 minutes ago

Less creativity than coming up with something completely original. And something not original = “more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney”!

Splashin' Ryan1 hour ago

That has to be one of my main complaints too, its not just similar music but the majority of the songs shared between the shows come from the same movies; Moana, Hunchback, Mulan, Aladdin, Coco, Princess, and The Frog and the list goes on have been announced to be presented in both shows. How much creativity does it take to separate the two or better yet theme it to their respective park/celebration. ?

SoFloMagic1 hour ago

Likely a media event on the 29th though, so showcace Plaza will likely be closed for that

Notes from Neverland1 hour ago

Still bummed we're getting so many similar songs - even the same songs - across different shows. If you're hellbent on using IP, the catalog is enormous...but you'd never know it based on the new shows compared to Happily Ever After.

networkpro2 hours ago

But it's not Hellfire!

danv32 hours ago

Glad to see Hunchback getting some love.

Vinnie Mac2 hours ago

Coming from someone who's never seen Hunchback, I think the choice of song is an amazing choice for the finale even though this is the first day of my life that I've been aware of the songs existence lol. And I agree with you, the song is so moving and is definitely very relevant to today's politcal climate. The song made me feel oddly similar to the way I felt whenever I heard "We Go On".

drumbum672 hours ago

I’m pretty shocked they’re using this as the finale. Hunchback isn’t a popular movie. It’s not going to click the turnstiles. But it is the greatest, most moving stage musical I’ve ever seen. I’m excited to see this!