Harmonious confirmed to debut October 1 2021 at EPCOT

Jun 22, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Posted: Tuesday June 22, 2021 8:37am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Harmonious, EPCOT'S next regeneration nighttime spectacular will debut October 1 2021 at Walt Disney World.

Here is a look at the full Harmonious show as seen from the BoardWalk during a recent test. Obviously the video screens, fountains and low level effects are not visible over the tree line, but a large amount of the show can be seen. The full lighting package also doesn't appear to be present, specifically the lasers. Be warned the video contains significant spoilers.

techgeek22 hours ago

I seem to recall in the 80's and 90's that the pavilion lighting effects (popcorn lights and some color / pattern effects) would remain lit after the show, adding a bit of festive atmosphere to the rest of the evening. The torches add a similar sort of vibe to pre/post show these days, but it was more immersive drawing you into exploring the pavilions and seeing them in a 'new light', rather than just focused along the promenade.

Figments Friend23 hours ago

Nah..... It just gives em' a 15 minute head start at clearing the Park out at the end of the night. 😉 -

SplashZander1 day ago

I wonder if having Harmonious begin 15 minutes before park closing is a strategic way to limit the number of people viewing it. It seems the show will have much more limited viewing angles due to the screens and other factors, so they could just be doing this to draw people away from it by providing alternatives.

Sir_Cliff1 day ago

True, not spectacular, but at least that gives you an option to get in line for something up to 15 minutes into the show which could mean an extra ride. It's not an extra hour, but at least it means you can still enjoy attractions while the show is going on which is something. With the length of some of the queues, I imagine this is more or less calculated so that people are still waiting and riding attractions too long after the show finishes.

marni19711 day ago

IllumiNations used to start an hour before park closing. Oh well.

Crazydisneyfanluke1 day ago

Its 15 mins before park closing?

Sir_Cliff2 days ago

As reported by WDWmagic, the show starting before park closing time is a positive development that I hope becomes permanent. At MK you always had the option of lower waits for the attractions and skipping the fireworks, so fantastic news if this will also now be an option at Epcot.

DCBaker2 days ago

Showtimes for Harmonious are up on the calendar -

Thelazer2 days ago

I don't think they thought it was a good idea, I think they had to just "go along" with it.

Inspired Figment3 days ago

Well.. I mean I get the logic behind doing it.. at the same time though, it doesn’t solve the problem with the design & focus of the show.

Figments Friend3 days ago

I am aware that this may just be a 'test phase' to get the juices flowing correctly before turning up the water pressure, but.... How anyone thought this was a good idea is a bit perplexing. -

SpoiledBlueMilk3 days ago

They just need to call the barges the new expansion to World Showcase. Look, it's Atlantis slowly leaking and sinking....slowly.

EeyoreFan#243 days ago

If that’s close the final product, I think it’s makes them more noticeable of how ugly they are sitting there. I give them until the opening, but it’s getting close.