Expect more work in World Showcase Lagoon as new permit filed for Harmonious construction

Oct 19, 2020 in "Harmonious"

Posted: Monday October 19, 2020 11:37am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has filed a new permit for more work on the Harmonious barge infrastructure in World Showcase Lagoon at EPCOT.

The permit is for "Installation of anchors to provide additional mooring for center barge" and will be carried out by Fender Marine. (Thanks to @danlb_2000 on the WDWMAGIC Forums for spotting the permit).

Much like Reflections of Earth, Harmonious will make use of barges to power the video, water and pyrotechnic effects. All new barges are in the process of being built backstage, and considerable work has been needed in the lagoon to accommodate the new hardware.

MisterPenguin9 hours ago

They're practicing safe FX.

mnelson315 hours ago

Yeah the concept art showed them as Gold. But I guess that was lighting making them gold. This is probably where the light strips on the arms that we saw testing come into play.

owlsandcoffee15 hours ago

It's... excited...

ImperfectPixie15 hours ago

Is anyone else wondering why grey scrim is better? And they're going to LIGHT UP?!?

DCBaker15 hours ago

Figments Friend17 hours ago

Very interested to see how they handle that, since i will be one of many there on that day but not able to make a Park Reservation for MK in advance. I am sure many are hoping to be able to just 'hop' on over later in the day ...but how will that be handled is my curiosity. Interested to see where the cut off point is and who has 'priority'...if any. Perhaps those staying at a Disney Resort will have a slight advantage? Not expecting any favors at this point...but who knows, perhaps capacity will open up for that date later this year. Either way, i will be there in person regardless, to experience it as a eyewitness...even if i do not gain admission. I am thrilled to just watch the Electrical Water Pageant as a consolation prize. ( 50th Anniversary of IT, too! ) If either of those don't pan out...then i guess i will be partying in Animal Kingdom with the Na'vi on October 1st since my 'home' Park is now also seemingly full. -

Figments Friend17 hours ago

It will help draw some crowds away from MK on that day...in theory. -

EdnaMode18 hours ago

Were all the people who signed off on this totally offsite and had never been to EPCOT before? Was it all a theoretical idea for everyone involved? Was it designed in a vacuum? I think it will be great at night, but by day, it's like Universal's Hulk Coaster was painted black, dropped into the lagoon and came to life. And not in a good way.

Mikey7318119 hours ago

First time I watched this I didn’t realize it was sped up.

GimpYancIent20 hours ago

Yep, no matter what is done simply put is a let down!

note200120 hours ago

That is just nightmare inducing. I may never be able to get my adult daughter to accompany me to Epcot again if she sees this in person or on video.

Inspired Figment21 hours ago

The ‘Singular’ and their “Clockwork Control army” (look up “Corporate Synergy”) be like.. 👀 🤣😂

DreamfinderGuy22 hours ago

You know of any TV ads for Food Rocks? Or anything else that opened at EPCOT between Innoventions and Test Track? It was a headliner, and it wasn't even just Disney advertising it. SEGA comes to mind as one company that advertised their Innoventions exhibit on TV, and I'm sure they weren't the only ones.

flynnibus1 day ago

And can you really say you saw that flooding the airwaves, or was common on tv? Or even on national tv besides the disney channel?