More World Showcase Lagoon perimeter sea wall firework launchers added ahead of fireworks return to EPCOT

May 17, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Posted: Monday May 17, 2021 3:21pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

New hardware installed along the sea wall at World Showcase Lagoon means we can expect to see more perimeter firework effects in the upcoming nighttime shows at EPCOT.

The perimeter pyro launchers are located around World Showcase Lagoon along the water line, and produce an impressive effect of fireworks launching from near to the guests out towards the center of the lagoon. You can see the effect in this picture below from Reflections of Earth.

The sea wall launchers have been expanded with the addition of 6 new tubes per site, which tells us we can expect a lot more of these perimeter firework bursts in the future than we have seen in previous shows. This is good news for firework fans who thought that Harmonious may be light on fireworks due to its heavy use of video display screens.

Harmonious is currently in the early programming phase, and we still expect to see the show make its debut at EPCOT later this year. When fireworks do resume at Walt Disney World, we expect to see a modified version of EPCOT Forever which will perform without the stunt kites. In their place is likely to be additional fireworks and lighting effects.

zoso15 hours ago

Yea I only recently realized the songs were from Epcot attractions. But to be fair, as much as I love Disney/DW, I’ve only been like 4 times and I’ve only been to Epcot twice (I think).

James Alucobond17 hours ago

I doubt you're the only one. The last time I was there, I had a family next to me that kept thinking the music was supposed to be "from" something throughout the entire show but couldn't figure it out.

sedati18 hours ago

Well, now they'll have four more screens to make sure the sponsor's messaging can't be missed.

zoso20 hours ago

Oh man, the barges are going to look amazing at night. The LED tape in this video might look simple, but this is pretty bright for a daytime test. I hard to tell if they’re polychromatic but I’m soooo excited to watch this show. I said this before but Disney World’s night shows are actually the reason I work on Broadway doing lighting. I still hope one day I can work at DW as an imagineer for their night shows.

DCBaker20 hours ago

mnelson322 hours ago

Yeah that’s true. Hopefully Harmonious stays at 20 minutes and doesn’t get slashed down.

SpectroMan9323 hours ago

To be fair, EF is 12 minutes long, while Harmonious clocks in around 20 minutes, so it’s safe to say Harmonious will have more pyro.

mnelson31 day ago

Yeah unfortunately. Maybe its not such a good thing to get us used to a show with a lot of added pyro just to come down to less booms and more screens lol.

UNCgolf1 day ago

It may rely heavily on the screens. Which wouldn't be a good thing, but also wouldn't be visible for testing.

mnelson31 day ago

Have to say I was more impressed with the EF testing than Harmonious lol. Harms finale feels weak asside from the perimeters.

marni19711 day ago

I was talking about the GE funded 1988 shows laser barge. But hey.

zoso1 day ago

Oh interesting. Thanks! I may be one of the only people then who actually enjoys the Whole New World ending, funny enough it might be my favorite part of EF. I can see the argument against it however

Inspired Figment1 day ago

Intellectual Property (in this particular usage though, it means the use of pre-existing film & television properties). The majority here are sick and tired of the overreliance & forced nature of movie/television based attractions being shorhorned into EPCOT & other places that doesn’t particularly need them. Particularly when they mostly come at the advantage of more unique park-exclusive concepts specifically/originally created for the parks

zoso1 day ago