More World Showcase Lagoon perimeter sea wall firework launchers added ahead of fireworks return to EPCOT

May 17, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Posted: Monday May 17, 2021 3:21pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

New hardware installed along the sea wall at World Showcase Lagoon means we can expect to see more perimeter firework effects in the upcoming nighttime shows at EPCOT.

The perimeter pyro launchers are located around World Showcase Lagoon along the water line, and produce an impressive effect of fireworks launching from near to the guests out towards the center of the lagoon. You can see the effect in this picture below from Reflections of Earth.

The sea wall launchers have been expanded with the addition of 6 new tubes per site, which tells us we can expect a lot more of these perimeter firework bursts in the future than we have seen in previous shows. This is good news for firework fans who thought that Harmonious may be light on fireworks due to its heavy use of video display screens.

Harmonious is currently in the early programming phase, and we still expect to see the show make its debut at EPCOT later this year. When fireworks do resume at Walt Disney World, we expect to see a modified version of EPCOT Forever which will perform without the stunt kites. In their place is likely to be additional fireworks and lighting effects.

Thelazer6 hours ago

When you do renderings, and you make it super foggy, those light beams look great. Same thing as that water that is supposed to hide the barges in the day time......

mnelson37 hours ago

Yeah I’m worried to. I guess it’s possible they’ll flip the switch on all lasers around property on the 1st, but we’ll see.

mnelson37 hours ago

Yeah you’d think, and we did, that all those lights on each barge would be impressive. Hopefully Disney deliberately released crappy images and videos that isn’t showing us the final look🤞.

hpyhnt 10007 hours ago

Should we be worried about that at this point? I'm all for upgrades but it is odd to have this long a gap considering they got a pretty big upgrade in the final years of IllumiNations, and that was accomplished without interrupting RoE. There was the one preview video which showed the manta ray effect from the AA laser, so maybe they've just been very good at keeping the new programming secret? It would be nice to have them working in EPCOT Forever because there's some obvious show gaps without them.

wdwmagic9 hours ago

The lasers were not available in June, and have still not returned to EPCOT Forever.

wdwmagic9 hours ago

Indeed. In fact the whole lighting setup seems weak compared to what we were expecting. Hard to judge from testing and outside the park, so we'll see.

HauntedPirate9 hours ago

Feels to me like if something hasn’t been tested by this point, it won’t be in the show.

Vinnie Mac9 hours ago

Do you think it's possible that same effects weren't included in the popular June test? I also noticed we couldn't see lasers in that testing so idk if what they showed was the FULL package.

mnelson310 hours ago

One thing we haven’t seen in the preview videos is the spot light beams from the arms like the concept art. Or was that a failed effect? Sadly I think the majority of the lighting effects and lasers wont be to noticeable unless there is enough pyro smoke.

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

brb10061 day ago

It's an eyesore!

MisterPenguin2 days ago

I still call it The Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village.

Vinnie Mac2 days ago

Yeah. My family and I are either going in October or November. If we are going in October then I could probably keep myself from watching any spoilers. If we are going in November then I don't think I will have the mental capacity to wait another month 😂. Either way I'll probably just slip up and watch it anyway🤷🏾

Vinnie Mac2 days ago

I've slowly (but not fully) grown out of calling HS "MGM" but if it makes you feel any better, I still often say Downtown Disney instead of Disney Springs 😂