EPCOT'S Harmonious barges get a lot more black with new paintwork

May 05, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Painting and cleaning Harmonious show barges - May 5 2021
Posted: Wednesday May 5, 2021 11:52am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Painting continues this week on the Harmonious show barges located in World Showcase lagoon at EPCOT.

As you can see from the photos, the lower section below the screen is now a lot blacker and somewhat glossy. The pipes that carry water from the lagoon to the fountains have also been painted black to make them less noticeable than the original silver appearance.

In this comparison you can see the newly painted Mexico barge, and the unpainted Germany barge.

Work is also underway on the Canada and France barges.

The paintwork appears to be aiming to improve the daytime appearance of the barges that have suffered as a result of weathering, despite only being in the lagoon for a few months.

jrhwdw31 minutes ago

Never thought I would see that in this Board!! LOL!!!!! No doubt I will like it.(I think...) Whether it tops MK, SWO USF : no clue.

mnelson31 hour ago

Nothing will top WoC. But since we are talking Orlando here, it remains to be seen if Harm will top Universal and Sea Worlds shows. Since Universal took the WoC approach I think fountain wise that will definitely continue to beat any WDW show. Ignite at SW has a lot of fire effects that, as far as we know, Harmonious will not have any. One day hopefully WDW will get something like WoC but on a larger scale and with pyro!

Vinnie Mac2 hours ago

Well then that's a hot take if I've seen one lol. No doubt HarmonioUS will beat DE in quality BY FAR but I do think DE will be really good and the music is definitely showing potential in my opinion. But yes, HarmonioUS will be the shining star of really any nighttime entertainment available in Orlando in my opinion. I mean, just look at her 😍

mnelson32 hours ago

Looks like Harmonious will be the shining star of the 50th. DE sounds like a big disappointment music wise, theme song is garbage compared to HEA.

Incomudro12 hours ago

Yes, from the looks of the illustrations - the fountains would have only brought more attention to the structures.

TikibirdLand16 hours ago

"Someday"

wutisgood23 hours ago

Epcot should run shows with the fountains on with the daytime fireworks they did at one point as the parks should be crowded enough to warrant it. But that would require Chapek caring about guests.

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

I'm expecting some type of merch too. I mean, HarmonioUS is going to be the new permanent show and it already has its own EPCOT poster art. I already told my family that when we see the show, I'll get merch if I think its good lol.

mnelson31 day ago

When might we hear about Harmonious merchandise? I’d be shocked if they don’t. Only thing I’d be interested in, Maybe, is a soundtrack release including EF.

Sir_Cliff1 day ago

Even the concept art looked weirdly ugly!

UNCgolf1 day ago

Which was inevitable and I'm still baffled they ever thought it was a workable idea in the first place. There was no way putting fountains on those barges was going to look good.

James Alucobond1 day ago

They took down the signage mentioning the fountains a while ago, so I suspect they're never turning them on. They always made everything look worse when they tested them.

jmuboy1 day ago

Are the day time fountains that hide all the equipment turning on as of October 1?

Sir_Cliff1 day ago

I'm sincerely impressed they've dusted off Someday for the finale. Always felt it was an underrated song with a really nice message that ended up being given an underwhelming boy band treatment as the pop single for Hunchback. Seems a very appropriate and potentially moving way to end the show with the new theme, and it will also be a new song for most of the guests there unlike, say, a blast of A Whole New World. Overall, I am happy they are at least trying to do something interesting with the selection of artists, languages, and songs for the show if they have to fit it within the IP mandate. Still think permanently parking the equipment in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon goes completely against what was supposed to make Disney Parks different, though, and simply should not have been tolerated as a cost for this show to run.