Disney's fireworks plans for July 4 and 'Disney After Hours Boo Bash' at Walt Disney World

Jun 15, 2021 in "Happily Ever After"

Posted: Tuesday June 15, 2021 1:29pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Following the announcement earlier today that fireworks are returning to Walt Disney World on July 1 2021, we also now have some additional information regarding plans for July 4 and 'Disney After Hours Boo Bash.'

On July 4 Disney will present 'Happily Ever After' at the Magic Kingdom, and 'EPCOT Forever' at EPCOT. Neither show will include any July 4 tags, or special editions of the shows. Disney is concentrating efforts on returning to daily firework shows at this time.

During the ticketed 'Disney After Hours Boo Bash' at Magic Kingdom, 'Happily Ever After' will be performed prior to the start of the event during regular park hours.

Squishy30 minutes ago

I doubt it's FAA reasons, it wouldn't take this long. Harmonious did testing with lasers. DL is running Mix Magic with lasers.

MisterPenguin38 minutes ago

If Enchantment is heavily tied to the 50th, then once the 50th is over, they'll ditch Enchantment within the decade (cf. 2000 Millennial Wand).

Vinnie Mac4 hours ago

Unless FAA reasons are a thing (which I think they actually might be) then I wouldn't be surprised if lasers were back within this month. Heck, if we're lucky it might even be back tonight 🤷🏾‍♂️

zoso8 hours ago

Great. Now bring back the lasers, Disney

doctornick12 hours ago

I'm confident the current situation is that HEA ends in September, Enchantment starts in October and runs for 18 month, and Disney has no current plans as to what the fireworks show for MK will be come early 2023. It could easily be a return of HEA or it could be something new.

mattpeto12 hours ago

I hope it doesn’t suck but I hope I can see HEA again. There is no happy middle ground huh?

MansionButler8412 hours ago

I mean, if Enchantment sucks, HEA could return…

gerarar13 hours ago

Another update! Disney did it! 5 of 5 spotlights working on the left and right sets!! Couldn’t get a screenshot from the finale (as like my previous posts about this) because the stream quality crapped out..

TikibirdLand1 day ago

Guess it's because of youtube that we can track this. When I saw HEA, there was so much going on, I couldn't tell you what, if anything, was missing. It is/was an impressive show. I'm hoping that Enchantment will be as impressive, but with Main Street lit up too.

gerarar1 day ago

Update on this.. There are now 4 of 5 working on the left and right sets! Cmon Disney, just one more to go!!

gerarar4 days ago

Perfect timing on the Peoplemover with Tink!!

Squishy9 days ago

Was really noticeable last night during the start of the show.

wdwmagic10 days ago

Those early closes have been on the calendar for a while, will be interesting to see what comes of it, if anything.

SoFloMagic10 days ago

One cast appreciation party and one Corp buyout? Wouldn't it be cool if it meant we got to see HEA perimeters again?