Nova Corps ship installation begins at EPCOT's Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind

Jan 24, 2022 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind  construction - January 24 2022
Posted: Monday January 24, 2022 12:42pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The first piece of the Nova Crops ship that will mark the entrance to Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind is now being installed at EPCOT.

Crews are using a large crane to install a support column which the 51ft tall ship will be attached to over the coming weeks.

The back section of the ship is already in position.

Here is a look at the concept art showing the finished look of the ship.

Elsewhere at Guardians of the Galaxy, work is continuing on the exterior paint and the entrance to the building.

'Guardians of the Galaxy" Cosmic Rewind' opens to guests in summer 2022, but we still don't have an exact date.

mergatroid15 minutes ago

I'm interested where you researched this, could you please link it up?

dreday326 minutes ago

Exactly the kind of information that is helpful to me, many thanks!!!

wdwmagic29 minutes ago

Oddly it has been this way throughout the previews and now into full opening.

Casper Gutman9 hours ago

Disney rides are supposed to be aesthetically, conceptually, or even intellectually thrilling. Physical thrills are by far the easiest to achieve - any amusement park can do it. That’s part of why Disney has come to rely more and more on physical thrills as their design abilities have precipitously declined.

Vinnie Mac9 hours ago

To be fair, rotation and airtime are different types of forces. I can handle both but I can definitely handle airtime better.

Jacob Marley9 hours ago

You're not alone. I don't understand it but I'm the same way. Have ridden many coasters many times without the least bit of nausea. Yet if I'm riding on a spinning ride or a real curvy road, I'm in trouble. 🤢 Logically if I enjoy coasters I should at least be able to handle curvy roads. But yet...

MagicHappens197110 hours ago

To me the different songs also offer a huge re-rideability factor. I’ve only heard I Ran & Conga so far and definitely want to hear all 6 songs

Centauri Space Station10 hours ago

You said many will never ride or it’s a 1 and done? Doesn’t seem like it and that’s not even .005% of the tweets

HauntedPirate10 hours ago

So your rebuke that many won't ride due to motion sickness concerns is... 5 tweets?

RSoxNo111 hours ago

Looks like the pre-show may be matching actual ride capacity. Both are efficient, but at least on opening day they were sending through empty cars because they weren't able to stack people at load / unload as efficiently. This is a good problem to have, and a far cry from the operational issues in the other direction.

solidyne11 hours ago

When you (and others) say look forward, do you mean in the direction the car is facing or in the direction the car is moving down the track?

Centauri Space Station12 hours ago

Nope not at all

Allyp12 hours ago

I get queasy on any simulator ride. Smugglers, rocking rollercoaster, FOP all get me a bit off. I still ride them but I know when to close my eyes for a moment to help me orient myself. Star tours I refuse to get on. For guardians, I just closed my eyes during the parts where I felt off. My advice is to close them for a few seconds during the turns and to try to keep your sight line forward. There’s one big swirly section that I’d recommend to shut your eyes for. There’s really not a whole lot to “look” at other than at the beginning. Shutting my eyes helped me come off the ride doing just fine.

DCBaker12 hours ago

It appears 230 will be the last group called on opening day.