More finishing details added to the Guardians of the Galaxy Nova Corps Starblaster at EPCOT

Feb 24, 2022 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Starblaster installation - February 23 2022
Posted: Thursday February 24, 2022 8:25am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Nova Corps Starblaster continues to receive its finishing touches at EPCOT's soon-to-open Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind.

Most notably in the last couple of days, the connection between the support stand and the ship has been covered - hiding the bolts that have been previously visible.

According to a recent Twitter post by a high ranking Disney executive, Guardians of the Galaxy is planned to open at EPCOT on Memorial Day weekend. However, Disney is yet to announce a specific timeframe via official channels.

Piebald8 hours ago

Excited to finally ride it this weekend (assuming we get a BG).

Epcot82Guy20 hours ago

How could you say that?? It's the most tame, basic, uneventful roller coaster Epcot has had in its entire history!! Stupid Judy...

bhg4691 day ago

Agree to disagree friend!!! No other roller coaster offers this lever of thrill.... In Epcot

Epcot82Guy1 day ago

I don't see how you could think that. It's definitely the worst roller coaster in Epcot by far! ...

bhg4691 day ago

I agree.. Guardians is my favorite roller coaster in WDW as well.. BY FAR the best roller coaster in Epcot.. BY FAR!!

gerarar1 day ago

James Alucobond4 days ago

There will at least be a new bypass along the northern edge of Journey of Water that takes you directly there even after the existing backstage one closes. Not quite the same, but similar effect of making Coral Reef less of a dead end than before.

bhg4694 days ago

I've kinda gotten used to the one by coral reef! Bummer.

James Alucobond4 days ago

No. Both this pathway and the pathway directly to the Coral Reef Restaurant will eventually close and were intended to be temporary until the paths around Spaceship Earth to the hub could be re-opened.

MagicHappens19714 days ago

So is this walkway from the front to Guardians not reopening?

trainplane34 days ago

Nice to know. Maybe the Bruce Broughton boxset will release eventually. They also directly link to your video in the description.

marni19714 days ago

I want to say yes, but in a jumbled mess. I never had the inclination to reassemble it. I had it mixed with cues from Le Visionarium. At least they kept my watermark in ❤️

trainplane34 days ago

Kinda related: I don't recall hearing the absolute entirety of the EEA soundtrack. Has this been out there for a while? @marni1971

DCBaker4 days ago

Some theming has been added to the gate in the seating area to the left of the entrance.