Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind construction update

Mar 19, 2021 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Guardians of the Galaxy construction - March 19 2021
Posted: Friday March 19, 2021 11:37am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

At EPCOT'S Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind this week, construction teams have been busy at the front of the building closing in the last remaining spaces in the exterior.

The upper section of the V-shaped front is now covered in plywood, with just a small section remaining to be covered in waterproofing material.

Still no further progress to see on the main roof of the building, and it remains unclear if any solar panels will return as we saw on the original Universe of Energy.

Disney is yet to announce an opening date for the Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster, but it is thought it will debut in 2022.

DCBaker1 day ago

CntrlFlPete2 days ago

my guess would be no solar panels -- I believe this view or angle gives an idea of what the roof may look like (assuming the grey panels are the last element.)

Movielover2 days ago

It has, that's why they replaced the roof. ;)

DreamfinderGuy4 days ago

I’m more surprised nothing has leaked from Wonders. Not a floor plan, not a single photo from the inside, nothing. I haven’t seen a thing since interior demolition first started, seems like something would’ve leaked by now.

britain4 days ago

Not much to show in this screen filled coaster, at least not much to show that’s worth risking your job.

MaximumEd5 days ago

I may have missed a bit here and there, but this project has seemed to manage to stay under wraps pretty well. We’ve had a pic of the ride vehicle and a deliberately ambiguous sketch of the ride path. Seems more would have leaked by now.

montyz816 days ago

I would think someone would leak pictures if that were the case.

Dunston6 days ago

I wonder how true the rumors are that the interior of the building and ride are basically done and just need footage of the Guardians.

dmw6 days ago

Interesting item popped up in my social media feed yesterday... Guardians 3 is filming in the Atlanta/North Georgia area and they put out a casting call for extras. Filming dates are Nov 8, 2021 - March, 2022.

Squishy6 days ago

Racoons keep scratching up the roof

MisterPenguin6 days ago

No one knows. The roof of Energy keeps getting new layer after layer. The roof of WoL keeps getting replaced. No one who has knowledge has said why.

montyz816 days ago

Sorry, a bit late to the update party. So the roof is definitely not going to be solar panels?

Dunston7 days ago

I'd like it to be open by May 2022 but I won't get my hopes up.

witandwander8 days ago

We have a trip planned for the first week of May and I’m not thinking it will be open. Technically Spring doesn’t end until June 21 and I’ve seen them push those seasonal openings until the very last weekend. 😞