Guardians of the Galaxy attraction opening in Epcot's Future World

Jul 15, 2017 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Guardians of the Galaxy concept art
Posted: Sunday July 16, 2017 7:13pm EDT by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced that a “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired attraction will be coming to Future World, replacing the Universe of Energy.

Epcot’s brand new E-ticket attraction will be based on the rockin’ and action-packed world of “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

No further details were announced, beyond an opening ahead of 2021, in time for the 50th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort.

The Universe of Energy will have its last day of operation on August 13 2017.

...it's a yungle11 days ago

A pic of the opening day souvenir book😉, hope you enjoy your day there😎

rle4lunch11 days ago

I'm here on property, Epcot is our first day. Any particular pics I should take?

marni197111 days ago

That was indeed the original opening timeframe.

MisterPenguin11 days ago

It says: SAUSZY Presumably "SAUS" is short for Sausalito, which is Disney's project name for the GotG Coaster. And it sounds like a roguish "saucy." https://www.slashgear.com/what-does-star-lords-shirt-say-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-03477129/

DreamfinderGuy12 days ago

Interesting development. Can anybody vouch for it's authenticity?

kinglsyyy12 days ago

Exactlly, and more likely because of patents its not the same.

HauntedPirate13 days ago

Nothing a hundred or so 400 year old redwoods wouldn’t cover. 😉 No plans beyond the current paint scheme that I’ve read.

FigmentFan8213 days ago

Just because multiple companies are simultaneously developing similar tech does not necessarily mean they are using the same methods. Each could be making their own significant breakthroughs in achieving similar goals.

MisterPenguin13 days ago

And it moves and strikes poses just like the Boston Dynamics (and other companies') bipedal robots. I don't want to take away any praise for packaging this with a facial package all in one, small self-contained unit. But... it seems to be leveraging tech already out there. Which is great. But not worth, IMO, to get as excited and hyped as this Twitter author.

Lucky Rabbit13 days ago

I wonder if this is for Avengers Campus or part of the new Epcot ride:

FigmentFan8213 days ago

If I'm remembering correctly, the soonest anything GotG related being filmed is this fall

cookiee_munster13 days ago

I believe he's just wrapped on the Christmas/Holiday special, so I'd image the footage for Cosmic Rewind can't be that far behind? EDIT - never mind. I went back to his Instagram post, and he's still writing the damn thing! :p

RSoxNo114 days ago

So are there any future plans of masking this with tree cover? I know the building is 100+ feet tall so tree cover isn't going to be the only solution but it would help.

marni197114 days ago

Parts of the north and east show building wall.