New color scheme at the Wonders of Xandar pavilion at 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' in EPCOT

Dec 15, 2021 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Guardians of the Galaxy construction - December 13 2021
Posted: Wednesday December 15, 2021 11:14am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Paint crews are busy this week applying a new color scheme to the Wonders of Xandar pavilion at EPCOT - home to the upcoming 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' rollercoaster.

The new color is dark gray, replacing the previous bronze color.

The majority of the roof structure is now complete, and work continues adding theming pieces at the front of the building, which will serve as the entrance.

'Guardians of the Galaxy" Cosmic Rewind' opens to guests in summer 2022, but we still don't have a specific date.

Work on the inside appears to be progressing well, with Disney executives having already taken early preview rides on the coaster.

pharmd51 minutes ago

Hi everyone, Sorry if redundant question, I've have not been on the Cosmic Threads to avoid spoilers. I have my Preview for tomorrow, got added Epcot in MDE. But I still didn't get an email like I Did for Ratatouille with my confirmation or anything that was sent a few days beforehand . Is my original confirmation I copied enough, or do they have my records already and just need to scan my Annual pass when I enter the attraction area. Thanks!

lazyboy97o1 day ago

LEDs emit heat, it’s just conducted to a heat sink instead of radiated out.

Rich Brownn1 day ago

They're LEDs. They don't need cooldown periods. (They're used for 10-15 hour shooting days in studios)

wdwmagic1 day ago

Updated with new details about the Virtual Queue distribution times and Extended Evening Hours availability. https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/guardians-of-the-galaxy/news/09may2022-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-faq.htm

Markiewong2 days ago

also are those screens capable of showing that clarity for 16/18 hours straight? Bourne has cooldown periods inbetween shows.

lazyboy97o2 days ago

Just off the top of my head you’d have issues with weight and maintenance access. Depending on how you’re moving viewing angles could also be an issue.

Casper Gutman2 days ago

Is there anything preventing screen-based rides like this from using screens with the incredible clarity of the one at Bourne? It seems like integrating that technology into a dark ride really would be groundbreaking.

wdwmagic2 days ago

Yes they are conventional projection screens with multiple projectors per screen (for the larger ones). You can see one of the large screens quite easily here

Vegas Disney Fan2 days ago

Someone posted a lights on video and inside the gravity building they look like massive projection screens.

RSoxNo13 days ago

I haven't seen them in person, are their projectors onto screens or are the screens themselves displaying the image like a JumboTron?

wdwmagic3 days ago

I don’t believe there is anything more advanced than any of the other multi projector setups that we see elsewhere. I would say it’s nowhere near the complexity of any of the huge outdoor projection mapping icon projects.

lazyboy97o3 days ago

This is a company that is publicizing floor finish patterns. Don’t you think they’d be bragging endlessly about using some new or highly advanced projection and/or screen technology?

RSoxNo14 days ago

The only logical explanation here is that there's something about the screens that make them substantially more expensive than we anticipate. I mean looking at what's in the show building and given the size, I would 100% believe this was a $300 mil attraction.

wdwmagic4 days ago

They are more concerned with the start time it seems, and it would probably depend on how late you are. Good luck!