Area in front of EPCOT's 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' nears completion with new landscaping

Oct 14, 2021 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Guardians of the Galaxy construction - October 13 2021
Posted: Thursday October 14, 2021 9:28am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The area in front of Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind looks close to completion despite the slow progress on the ride itself.

A look at the construction site from the monorail this week shows the area in front of the building is nearly ready for the installation of the Star Blaster ship.

Moving further away from the building, new landscaping has been installed in the area between Guardians and Mission SPACE.

It would not be a surprise to see the construction walls in this area come down in the near future.

When the attraction opens in 2022, it will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus guests on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.  The thrill level is described as being between Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Rock 'n' RollerCoaster.

lazyboy97o6 hours ago

Just off the top of my head you’d have issues with weight and maintenance access. Depending on how you’re moving viewing angles could also be an issue.

Casper Gutman11 hours ago

Is there anything preventing screen-based rides like this from using screens with the incredible clarity of the one at Bourne? It seems like integrating that technology into a dark ride really would be groundbreaking.

wdwmagic11 hours ago

Yes they are conventional projection screens with multiple projectors per screen (for the larger ones). You can see one of the large screens quite easily here

Vegas Disney Fan14 hours ago

Someone posted a lights on video and inside the gravity building they look like massive projection screens.

RSoxNo115 hours ago

I haven't seen them in person, are their projectors onto screens or are the screens themselves displaying the image like a JumboTron?

wdwmagic20 hours ago

I don’t believe there is anything more advanced than any of the other multi projector setups that we see elsewhere. I would say it’s nowhere near the complexity of any of the huge outdoor projection mapping icon projects.

lazyboy97o1 day ago

This is a company that is publicizing floor finish patterns. Don’t you think they’d be bragging endlessly about using some new or highly advanced projection and/or screen technology?

RSoxNo11 day ago

The only logical explanation here is that there's something about the screens that make them substantially more expensive than we anticipate. I mean looking at what's in the show building and given the size, I would 100% believe this was a $300 mil attraction.

wdwmagic2 days ago

They are more concerned with the start time it seems, and it would probably depend on how late you are. Good luck!

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮2 days ago

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster 😆 How strict have the CM's been with letting you in past your preview time? Mine's from 12-12:30 on Sunday but I may not make it on time. I will do my best though!

Animaniac93-983 days ago

I'd be curious to know how many Canadians, besides the ones who post here, make Disney vacation decisions based on wanting to see specific attractions. I think Star Wars and Avatar are the only exceptions, really. Anecdotally, the primary reason to go to WDW is that it's in Florida and they want to take the kids somewhere when they're on holiday.

wdwmagic3 days ago

I don’t believe the 450 involved marketing.

EricsBiscuit3 days ago

Oftentimes employees at large corporations (e.g. Disney) put fluff in the budgets. This is not necessarily for embezzlement but more so in case they need it for something else as it can be difficult to get funding for smaller projects greenlit fast enough. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stuffed the CR budget with funds to be used on other projects.

Bocabear3 days ago

That makes me crazy...when the properties are overwhelmed with guests, Capacity is low, frustrations for visitors are high, and budgets for attractions are continually slashed... but they have money for ridiculous and unnecessary marketing... Thousands of street pole banners in Kissimmee, the "Art Installation" on International Drive... Millions and millions spent on billboards and advertising that is largely unnecessary. I would rather see them take a three year hiatus on all extraneous advertising and put that money back into the parks to improve capacity and guest satisfaction...I guarantee their attendance numbers would not dip, and the positive changes would attract even more visitors...even without billboards in Miami and Bus graphics in Toronto.