'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' early preview rides begin at EPCOT

Dec 13, 2021 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Posted: Monday December 13, 2021 3:06pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

EPCOT's 'Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind' appears to be at an advanced stage in construction, with Disney executives now taking preview rides on the latest Walt Disney World rollercoaster.

In a post on Instagram, Disney World President Jeff Vahle said, "After getting an update on the latest progress and an early test ride on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, I have three words: it is AWESOME!!! Thank you to the teams at Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney World who are bringing this amazing attraction to life. I’m looking forward to seeing the finishing touches over the next several months and can’t wait for you to get a look when it opens at EPCOT next summer as part of the park’s transformation!"

'Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind' rollercoaster will open Sumer 2022 in the newly named World Discovery at EPCOT.

Under construction for five years, the ride was originally planned to open before Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary but faced delays from the COVID-19 pandemic and shutdown.

celluloid1 day ago

You will be happy to know that Bourne had aspects that are a direct prototype for at least one thing at EPIC Universe.

wdwmagic2 days ago

Be aware as well that they are likely to let you in up to 25 mins prior to your window. Not guaranteed, but worth being in the area early.

wdwmagic2 days ago

You will be fine. If you have the EPCOT entry in MDX that means you are in the system. They will just scan MagicBand or phone, and you will be good to go. Enjoy! and let us know what you think.

pharmd2 days ago

Hi everyone, Sorry if redundant question, I've have not been on the Cosmic Threads to avoid spoilers. I have my Preview for tomorrow, got added Epcot in MDE. But I still didn't get an email like I Did for Ratatouille with my confirmation or anything that was sent a few days beforehand . Is my original confirmation I copied enough, or do they have my records already and just need to scan my Annual pass when I enter the attraction area. Thanks!

lazyboy97o4 days ago

LEDs emit heat, it’s just conducted to a heat sink instead of radiated out.

Rich Brownn4 days ago

They're LEDs. They don't need cooldown periods. (They're used for 10-15 hour shooting days in studios)

wdwmagic4 days ago

Updated with new details about the Virtual Queue distribution times and Extended Evening Hours availability. https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/guardians-of-the-galaxy/news/09may2022-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-faq.htm

Markiewong4 days ago

also are those screens capable of showing that clarity for 16/18 hours straight? Bourne has cooldown periods inbetween shows.

lazyboy97o5 days ago

Just off the top of my head you’d have issues with weight and maintenance access. Depending on how you’re moving viewing angles could also be an issue.

Casper Gutman5 days ago

Is there anything preventing screen-based rides like this from using screens with the incredible clarity of the one at Bourne? It seems like integrating that technology into a dark ride really would be groundbreaking.

wdwmagic5 days ago

Yes they are conventional projection screens with multiple projectors per screen (for the larger ones). You can see one of the large screens quite easily here

Vegas Disney Fan5 days ago

Someone posted a lights on video and inside the gravity building they look like massive projection screens.

RSoxNo15 days ago

I haven't seen them in person, are their projectors onto screens or are the screens themselves displaying the image like a JumboTron?

wdwmagic5 days ago

I don’t believe there is anything more advanced than any of the other multi projector setups that we see elsewhere. I would say it’s nowhere near the complexity of any of the huge outdoor projection mapping icon projects.