More theming added to the 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' building at EPCOT

Dec 01, 2021 in "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind"

Posted: Wednesday December 1, 2021 3:42pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Imagineer Zach Riddley has shared some close-up photos of the latest piece of theming to be installed on the 'Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind' building at EPCOT.

In a post on Instagram, Zach said, "Today, the first sign of Xandar’s arrival to EPCOT appeared at the Wonders of Xandar pavilion. Xandar and the Nova Corps are coming to EPCOT to share their culture and technology and this star is frequently used by them in everything from their architecture, spaceships, uniforms and more. This very unique color shifting material gives a dynamic quality to the main facade of the pavilion and represents another iconic milestone as our team continues toward a Summer 2022 launch of this new centerpiece of our EPCOT transformation."

The concept art below shows the finished exterior of' Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind,' which will open in 2022 at EPCOT.

wdwmagic3 days ago

Fair comments.

jagiord13 days ago

Yeah, the first time I rode it, I had absolutely no idea what was happening. The second time we were wasted, and somehow it was so much easier to follow? Maybe it's the pixie dust in the world showcase pours, but this ride was absolutely made for multiple rides.

networkpro3 days ago

Inexpensive since it doesn't trigger any original performance ASCAP licensing, just the music arrangement performance.

TwilightZone3 days ago

Just saw footage of "Run Run Rocket". Why? This is early 00s Disney bad.

Professortango13 days ago

Mission BO, the West Coast Guardians "attraction" has the same problem. All you can hear is music, people screaming, and the inaudible dialogue track muffled in the background.

Haymarket20084 days ago

100% It’ll benefit from repeat rides because it was such a sensory overload. That and the onboard audio was so quiet compared to the people yelling and the external audio.

DisDork20024 days ago

Felt the same way. I had no idea what was going on plot wise but I did notice that the coaster seats/wagons/rows?? were doing things I had never experienced before on a coaster while the train itself was flying down its track. Ultimately I think it's kind of difficult to have much plot coherence for a coaster because your body has so much other stimuli its taking on at the same time.

Haymarket20084 days ago

Finally had my chance to experience this attraction. The good: the physical coaster experience is stunning. Really inventive and unique. Not once did I feel queasy. The rest: In terms of theming….not gonna lie: it feels a little value engineered. Lots of plain walls with nothing on them. The space ship looks like it’s made out of plastic. No texture or depth. And the teleportation reveal was very underwhelming. It’s fine, but not this jaw dropping spectacle everyone is talking about. The ride experience is incoherent. I had no idea what I was looking at in terms of story. it is a space themed Rock n Roller Coaster with projections. Static cardboard sets in an empty warehouse with steel beams. Incredibly disappointed by that. The actual coaster ride is the star of the experience. And when looking at the Epcot attractions, I feel that you have to see how they connect to each other. That’s the story the park is telling, successful or not. Does this contribute in any meaningful way? Not at all. Not sure what the point is apart from “here’s a ride in space”. Genuinely concerned by people calling this the best ride Disney has ever made lol. Baffling statement. That being said: a GREAT coaster.

gorillaball4 days ago

Stagnate? it’s been open 6 months. 90% of guests going over the holidays will not have ridden it.

DisDork20024 days ago

As a first timer who just rode it today I can say that the music didn't matter because I was completely consumed by the physical experience. Fantastic ride.

DCLcruiser5 days ago

I thought it was terrible. So corny, and not in a good way. Just annoying. On topic, I’ll be at EPCOT on Wednesday!

Disney Analyst6 days ago

Slippery slope with TDO… Suddenly it turns into “it’s gonna be someone’s first trip, don’t shut down any rides ever, no overlays… let everything stagnate”.

ppete19756 days ago

I really enjoyed that special

lazyboy97o6 days ago

They should have done the song from the Holiday Special.