Walls pushed back and walkways opened in-front of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' and the Play Pavilion at EPCOT

Nov 24, 2021 in "EPCOT"

World Discovery walkways between Mission Space and Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind
Posted: Wednesday November 24, 2021 2:17pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

More of World Discovery is now open to guests at EPCOT as construction walls are pushed back around the former Future World East.

The area between "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind" and the Play pavilion is now available to walk through.

Watch the video below for a look at the new walkways. (4K YouTube)

WDI's landscaping team has planted exotic plants, including mast trees and plum pines to transition to the upcoming Wonders of Xandar pavilion - the future home of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opening summer 2022.

HauntedPirate17 hours ago

See, now the blue-hued lighting is perfect to me. No need for any of the pucks or other needless LED nonsense. It’s almost as if it was designed to show off when lit properly.

aladdin200722 hours ago

amazing shots of spaceship earth! beautiful

tparris1 day ago

Not sure why the last 3 photos uploaded in such poor quality, but oh well.

tparris1 day ago

Some construction photos from today, plus some unrelated bonus shots of SSE I took about 30 minutes ago.671268

bhg4692 days ago

I am sort of surprised this building has not been re-used for a festival yet. I was almost sure it would be utilized for F&W

bhg4692 days ago

The wall has definitely gone up and down several times the past year. You're probably spot on.

tparris2 days ago

That wouldn’t make sense though because the temporary Starbucks has been empty and unmarked yet remained completely visible and accessible since Connections opened…

DoleWhipDrea2 days ago

I don't know for certain, but I've seen these walls come down intermittently depending on what festival is going on for the past few years...it seems like they're only down if the festival booth back there is used. I understand not wanting to confuse guests with an unused building, but then again, this is EPCOT...

tparris3 days ago

Anyone know why rosewalk is still lined with walls on one side? It seems like nothing has been done over there in quite some time

MisterPenguin6 days ago

I still call it "The Florida Project." That's never gonna change!

DoleWhipDrea6 days ago

I'm never going to stop calling it Future World, but I appreciate the EPCOT signage all the same...

DCBaker6 days ago

Epcot82Guy7 days ago

Agreed. And both just need a little bump IMHO. The theme and style work. They just need a refresh.