Sculpting the Walt Disney statue for Dreamers Point coming soon to EPCOT

Nov 23, 2021 in "EPCOT"

Posted: Tuesday November 23, 2021 10:38am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney shared some new pictures of EPCOT's Dreamers Point at this past weekend's Destination D23 event at Walt Disney World.

The Walt Disney statue is being hand-sculpted by Imagineer Scott Goddard in a miniature form.

The model will ultimately be scanned and cast into a bronze life-size statue that will form a new entry point into the heart of EPCOT in a place called Dreamers Point.

No word yet on when Dreamers Point will be built, but Disney has said that the EPCOT redevelopment is planned to be completed during 2023.

HauntedPirate18 hours ago

See, now the blue-hued lighting is perfect to me. No need for any of the pucks or other needless LED nonsense. It’s almost as if it was designed to show off when lit properly.

aladdin200722 hours ago

amazing shots of spaceship earth! beautiful

tparris1 day ago

Not sure why the last 3 photos uploaded in such poor quality, but oh well.

tparris1 day ago

Some construction photos from today, plus some unrelated bonus shots of SSE I took about 30 minutes ago.671268

bhg4692 days ago

I am sort of surprised this building has not been re-used for a festival yet. I was almost sure it would be utilized for F&W

bhg4692 days ago

The wall has definitely gone up and down several times the past year. You're probably spot on.

tparris2 days ago

That wouldn’t make sense though because the temporary Starbucks has been empty and unmarked yet remained completely visible and accessible since Connections opened…

DoleWhipDrea2 days ago

I don't know for certain, but I've seen these walls come down intermittently depending on what festival is going on for the past few years...it seems like they're only down if the festival booth back there is used. I understand not wanting to confuse guests with an unused building, but then again, this is EPCOT...

tparris4 days ago

Anyone know why rosewalk is still lined with walls on one side? It seems like nothing has been done over there in quite some time

MisterPenguin6 days ago

I still call it "The Florida Project." That's never gonna change!

DoleWhipDrea6 days ago

I'm never going to stop calling it Future World, but I appreciate the EPCOT signage all the same...

DCBaker7 days ago

Epcot82Guy7 days ago

Agreed. And both just need a little bump IMHO. The theme and style work. They just need a refresh.