Work to begin imminently on the new Epcot entrance with portions of Leave a Legacy to close

May 17, 2019 in "EPCOT"

Posted: Friday May 17, 2019 3:13pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Construction walls will go up around Leave a Legacy this weekend as work begins on the new Epcot entrance design.

New pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain will all be part of the new look, and as part of this new entry experience, Leave A Legacy photos will move into a new setting just outside the park’s gateway. While the photos will be staying, the granite columns will not be part of the new display.

Construction taking place in phases, and the new Leave a Legacy will be ready in 2020. Work will first begin on the west side of Leave a Legacy through the summer, moving to the east side later in the year.

JustInTime2 days ago

Wow. The lights ok SSE are incredible

Gringrinngghost2 days ago

The first photo shows in the tweet that the Side LEDS are covered in a yellow phosphor based gel. Just looking at this, the side lights, I would be surprised to see as RGB as there isn't even anything indicating RGBW as it would be a half and half. But the lens gives me the impression that they are using a Cree/Luxeon Star style light on the sides. To Surmise, I fully believe the sides are Cool White LEDS only, and the center is RGBW in cool white, unless it's a 2 package deal thats running Bicolor LEDs with the RGBLEDs.

FutureCEO2 days ago

I think of this scene whenever Disney mentions beacons lighting up and whenever Oct 1st rolls around.

wdwmagic2 days ago

Yes as far as I know they are all RGB.

jrhwdw2 days ago

I believe the whole SSE is RGB?

Gringrinngghost2 days ago

Shame the sides are only cool while LED and not RGB but alas.

jagiord12 days ago

Wow, that's pretty magical.

ImperfectPixie2 days ago

If this is what they have in mind, and the LEDs aren't on all the time, I could actually grow to really love this.

jrhwdw2 days ago

New Photo from Zach! Saw it on Twitter from That Other Site. Maybe we don't need the flood lights anymore??? Pretty!!! Cant wait for 2 weeks!!! Unless SSE/Harm soft opens right after EF's last night???

ImperfectPixie2 days ago

This will never get old for me. Ever. (ETA: I didn't edit this photo at all.)

Supernova2 days ago

I hope they do away with it. I think it looks really dated.

MisterPenguin2 days ago

I'd pay good money for the opportunity to take a hammer to those orange floods. Orange lighting looks horrible (to me). Looks like SSE is constantly celebrating Halloween.

Father Robinson2 days ago