VIDEO - Epcot Forever nighttime spectacular to debut October 1 2019

Apr 10, 2019 in "Epcot Forever"

Epcot Forever concept art
Posted: Wednesday April 10, 2019 10:19pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has announced this evening that the all-new "Epcot Forever" nighttime spectacular will debut on October 1 2019.

Epcot Forever will feature fireworks, lighting, lasers and choreographed, special effects kites, accompanied by a stirring collection of songs that paints a colorful picture of Epcot. Disney Parks Live Entertainment is collaborating on the show with noted conductor and composer Don Harper, who is producing all-new arrangements of classic Epcot tunes to weave into the soundtrack of “Epcot Forever.”

Don Harper is credited with work on the scores for National Treasure, Training Day, Armageddon, The Rock, Twister, Broken Arrow, Assassins, and Speed. In the theme park environment, Harper recorded the soundtrack for Fantasmic! at Tokyo DisneySea and most recently, for Rivers of Light at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

“Epcot Forever is a celebration of what Epcot has been and what Epcot is going to become,” said Alan Bruun, show director for Disney Parks Live Entertainment. “Music is the star of the show, and we use songs going back to the very beginnings of Epcot to music in the park today – from attractions, spectaculars and other shows – and put them into a fireworks spectacular on the lagoon every night. Guests are going to hear music they know and love but in a whole new way.”

In this video,  you can hear some of the music from the new show and see test footage of the new kites that will be part of the show.

The current Epcot nighttime spectacular, “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” will end its 20-year run on September 30 2019.

After it launches October 1, “Epcot Forever” will continue into 2020, when it will then make way for the debut of the next Epcot nighttime spectacular as part of the park’s multi-year transformation.

Crazydisneyfanluke1 day ago

For me it sounded like the live version of the song which was performed in Europe. You can't really find it on YouTube, but it is on Spotify (Click here). I'm 100% sure it is.

tparris2 days ago

Parts of the ToN score has been rearranged as part of the new Creations Shop music loop. You can hear it in the ResortTV livestream from Wednesday, from around the 15:41-18:00 time mark. The music that plays afterwards also sounds familiar, but I’m not quite sure what it’s from.

JohnD3 days ago

Good song. Wrong place.

TrojanUSC3 days ago

Will never forget opening night when this got booed around the lagoon.

Movielover3 days ago

I actually really like it, or at least the specific rescoring of it, they included different horns and strings which to me blends it well with the Epcot original music. I get why people have a problem with it but to me it was a good ending to the show.

DonaldDoleWhip3 days ago

Another compliment I’ll throw EF’s way - the pre-show music is really fun. Not as serious as RoE’s, but very festive and bouncy. Really enjoyed walking around the lagoon and taking it in.

Richie2483 days ago

Excited to see this one last time. I've really come to love this show....mostly because I've always been a fan of "vintage" Epcot tunes....and yes "A Whole New World" is considered the "future" of Epcot/Ipcot.....

JohnD3 days ago

Glad I picked up the CD (WDW Millennium Celebration)

DonaldDoleWhip3 days ago

Finally caught EF in-person the other night. Have to say I really enjoyed the Tapestry of Nations + Golden Dream segment. The rest didn't really speak to me, but it's still more than I was expecting. Would love to see the ToN soundtrack preserved somewhere in the park, but at least it had a good run as ROE's post-show music.

Captain Barbossa3 days ago

Just another middle finger from the Bobs

JohnD3 days ago

I know this has been discussed before but A Whole New World just seems so out of place compared to all the other Epcot-specific music.

wdwmagic3 days ago

Here is a look at EPCOT Forever from last night

marni1971Jul 12, 2021

DisoneJul 12, 2021

And it better be. I think I am not alone in thinking the same thing. Agree. But also why I assumed Harmonious, which truly with the amount of infrastructure they have built must be intended did to be a showstopper and not a stopgap. Disagree. Ignite is definitely the better show of the two. No question there. But Epcot forever definitely out powers Ignite in both terms of Firepower and variety of fireworks. Agree. I have very Happily Ever After 2.0 expectations of Harmonious. SeaWorld Orlando's Ignite is truly a happy accident. 9 minutes of keeping you guessing as to whats next. Truly an outstanding show and it's complimentary dance party is definitely the best theme park dance party any of the theme parks have ever offered. In Tomorrowland and in Dinoland Disney is well-known for its cringe-worthy dance parties. Sea world's electric ocean dance parties are actually fun and not cringe-worthy. They're also use effectively as a build-up to the Ignite nighttime spectacular and a wind down from that same show.