New nighttime firework and projection show 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom

Jun 22, 2021 in "Disney Enchantment"

Disney Enchantment overview
Posted: Tuesday June 22, 2021 8:43am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

A new nighttime spectacular, “Disney Enchantment,” will help kick off the 50th anniversary festivities when it debuts October 1 at Magic Kingdom.

According to Disney, the new show "will take guests on a journey filled with adventure, wonder and empowerment. Inspiring everyone to believe in magic, 'Disney Enchantment' will feature music, enhanced lighting, stunning fireworks and, for the first time, immersive projection effects that extend from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, U.S.A."

Disney has not yet confirmed what this new show will mean for the longterm future of the current nighttime firework and projection show, 'Happily Ever After,' which will return to the Magic Kingdom on July 1 2021.

helenabear3 days ago

That's pretty awesome. I totally creeped a friend out adding them to a Snow White once. I use photoshop for work but it's also a lot of fun to play with.

Anteater3 days ago

Had to add my SIL to a family reunion photo a while ago. Much fun ensued as I annoyed my MIL by placing my SIL's face on random people in the photo. 🤣

helenabear3 days ago

Truth! Though we made the comments even last summer that it looks better in photos even without an edit. I still don't like the coloring though but it does look good in pics comparatively

Anteater3 days ago

Nothing that Photoshop can't fix!

helenabear3 days ago

In person it looks pretty pink still. Just photographs better than it looks IMO.

JoeCamel3 days ago

Eventually.....

Brian4 days ago

They'll probably just let the sun bleach out the pink to match the original grey/white. Why pay a crew to paint it when mother nature will do it for free?

LittleBuford4 days ago

Mercifully, the pink seems to have faded a bit anyway, at least if the photos are anything to go by. I still think they should darken the blue to better match the original concept art, which I for one really liked.

HauntedPirate4 days ago

#GetRidOfThePink I can get behind that. :)

ToTBellHop4 days ago

Just pull a Sorcerer Wand at Epcot and write “Magic Kingdom” or, to be safer, “Disney” in the medallion.

Squishy4 days ago

Maybe they'll get lazy and just replace the 50th medallion with a 100

ToTBellHop4 days ago

I don’t believe that’s the plan but it won’t look very pink by then…

Father Robinson4 days ago

Anyone have any insight as to whether or not they will repaint the castle and get rid of the pink after the 50th celebration is over?

disneyC976 days ago

My family still laughs about this…after the first time watching other guests lean in and then jump in their seats! 😂