New Cirque du Soleil show in development to replace La Nouba

Dec 18, 2017 in "Cirque du Soleil"

Disney has today announced that a new Cirque du Soleil show will be coming to Disney Springs.

Nearly twenty years after teaming up to bring “La Nouba” to the stage, the two entertainment companies are working together on a new collaboration.

This original show will be created by Cirque du Soleil and will pay homage to Disney’s rich history of animation, with a vivid story told in a way that only Cirque du Soleil can deliver. Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, elaborated, sharing “We are incredibly inspired by Disney’s immense creative universe. We are convinced that bringing Disney’s magic to life on stage will touch audiences and bring them back to their childhood.”

An opening date is yet to be announced. The current La Nouba show will have its final performance on December 31 2017.

Article Posted: Dec 18, 2017 / 1:45pm EDT

TrainChasers9 days ago

Oh man... the old school lighting rig was part of the fun of seeing mystere!!! Glad it’s getting attention though. It’s a true classic

DznyGrlSD9 days ago

Benjamin_Nicholas10 days ago

Mystere got new costumes and a different lighting rig, but what's coming down the pike for that show is a lot bigger. Luxor: It was Robert Rodriguez's brainchild, R.U.N. It closed before the shutdown. Not a casualty of COVID... It just never found an audience.

the.dreamfinder13 days ago

And it was the first resident show.

Benjamin_Nicholas13 days ago

Mystere does very well for CDS. It's low-overhead, has a strong repeat fanbase and is getting prepped for a refurb/revision.

Magic Feather14 days ago

Didn’t Mystere just get a refresh last year? I’m assuming that is what’s holding them back from axing it. Personally, I wouldn’t be sad to see one or both of the tribute shows head out. Also, is the new Cirque show in Luxor still on track, Or was that scrapped?

TrainChasers15 days ago

It wasn’t really my style so I never saw it but I heard good things. I’m surprised it’s closing over mystere, i figured it would be first to fall. Good to hear about the other shows.

Benjamin_Nicholas15 days ago

After 17 years, Zumanity was the least performing production that the company had. It was time to drop the axe. While sad, as I had several friends in the cast, CDS needs to move forward and cut the fat.

DznyGrlSD15 days ago

oh i didn't see about the extensions - great news!!

halltd16 days ago

But on the plus side, they confirmed contract extensions for “O”, The Beatles LOVE, KÀ, Michael Jackson ONE, and Mystère. Definitely sad news about Zumanity, but good to hear the others are surviving and being extended.

DznyGrlSD16 days ago

Speaking of Vegas...Zummanity got the axe this week :(

TrainChasers25 days ago

You don’t get a show like O if you do. Or Iris... I was lucky to see that one when I did!

Benjamin_Nicholas25 days ago

Ultimately, as much as the company values their team effort with Disney, it's Vegas that will bring CDS back from the brink. If Disney needs to implement their own people to make DTL work, they will. CDS has never been good about putting bottom line above creating an incredible visual experience. I have faith it'll all turn out swell :)

TrainChasers25 days ago

In the past it was their calling card. I’m sure the audio team is working on how to best adapt. They got to convince someone to keep writing checks! :-p