If you are looking for something a little different, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
has several weekends of special events taking place this summer. First up is "Just Dance 3 Preview" weekends, where you can preview and play the highly-anticipated Just Dance 3 before it hits stores for all consoles on October 11, 2011. Just Dance 3 Preview Weekends will be held at the resort on July 30, August 6 and August 13 2011. You can read the full details here
Next is something that is going to appeal to all your BBQ fans, the special August weekends, part of the resort’s season-long SummerBlast! promotion, will feature a schedule of activities and events themed around summer barbeque, including the Smokin’ Hot Barbeque Buffet and scheduled appearances on Aug. 13 by Top Chef finalist (and BBQ aficionado) Howie “Bulldog” Kleinberg of Miami, owner of Bulldog BBQ, named one of the hottest new BBQ restaurants in the nation by Bon Appétit magazine. On the first weekend, Aug. 5 and 6, Michael Love, barbeque pro and author of “Love In The Kitchen – Women Love Men Who Can Cook,” is scheduled to appear.
The Smokin’ Hot Barbeque Buffet
– A sizzlin’ barbeque buffet from our illustrious “Bonnet Creek Q Crew,” serving a heaping helpin’ of beef brisket, pulled pork, barbeque sides and delightful dessert from the Dutch oven! Barbeque will be served Friday from 3-9pm, Saturday from noon – 9pm, and Sunday from Noon – 3pm. BBQ plates will be sold for around $12-$14 (depending on selections). Kids’ plate, for children 12 and under, will be $8.
The “Beer-B-Q” Station
– an opportunity to sample the latest ice-cold Florida brews from the Florida Beer Company, the largest craft brewer in the Sunshine State. The Hilton lounges and pool bar will also up the ante, with an exceptional barbeque-themed cocktail menu.
on Saturday afternoon – nothing goes better with barbeque than rhythm and brews!
Bonnet Creek Summer Show-down
– an opportunity to vote on your favorite culinary creations of our talented team of chefs from Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria® Orlando. Featuring a Chili Cook-Off on Aug. 5-6, and Baked Beans Cook-Off on Aug. 12-13. Complimentary Cook-Off tastings will be held 4-8pm on Friday and Noon-2pm on Saturday.
– Learn more about barbeque from our team of chefs, and well-know barbeque aficionados. Scheduled demonstrations include Top Chef Finalist Howie “Bulldog” Kleinberg and Master of the Kitchen Michael Love.
– To celebrate the weekend, Harvest Bistro (where kids eat FREE – see website for details) will feature a special “low and slow” barbecue breakfast special.
– Special “BBQ themed” activities for kids will include a “Squeaky Pig Toss,” “Pigs in a Blanket Relay,” and other fun games. In addition, guests can enjoy their favorite SummerBlast! activities and events, including a DUCKTONA 500, a zany rubber duck race in our lazy river; a Just Dance 3 dance-off; Dive-in Movies; and our SummerBlast! Saturday pool party (featuring Radio Disney), where one guest will win an iPod loaded with the latest hits.
Just Dance® 3
– Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is the first public venue where Just Dance enthusiasts can play the highly-anticipated third installment of Just Dance 3 video game prior to its U.S. release on all video game consoles on October 11, 2011. Just Dance 3 Preview Weekends will be held on August 6 and August 13.
You can find out more about the resort and get special WDWMAGIC reader rates here.
Jul 26, 2011 / 10:18am EDT