Cinderella Castle Suite: A Regal Tour
Jan 25, 2007 |
- Cinderella's Coach mosaic tile floor contains more than 30,000 tiles, including 3,400 24-carat gold and more than 120 white-gold pieces.
- The tile creation entailed four months of hand-cut work by four craftswomen who share more than 100 years of experience working with mosaics.
- (Coming) -- Custom-made -- and priceless -- glass slipper (Steuben Glass).
Royal Sitting Room
- From the Netherlands, a Dutch secretary desk (17th century) with inlaid wood and velvet-lined shelves.
- From Thailand, three hand-woven rugs.
- Two authentic antique "slipper" chairs. They look like children's furniture, but were actually used during the 17th and 18th century by adults who sat in the chairs to put shoes on.
- Two custom designed headboards stand 8 feet, 2 inches with "C" (for Cinderella) crest.
- Venetian glass sconces adorn either side of the fireplace and contain a Cinderella and prince likeness etched on each.
- A painted portrait of Cinderella magically changes to a television above the fireplace, using newly created special effects dreamed up by Imagineers.
- Inspired by the Cinderella story, playful carved mice cavort on support columns.
- 600-pound antique limestone fireplace -- 17th century Gothic molded from an original wood fireplace from France. The fiber optics give the appearance of a fire with glowing embers.
- Two cinder pots reflect Cinderella's humble roots. Made from hand-hammered copper. French reproduction, red with gold accents.
- Rich wood furnishings. Mahogany and maple throughout.
- Magic mirror -- based on French design. Special glass mirror that transforms into a TV as part of the entertainment center.
- Custom designed sofa bed -- one-of-a-kind with French-carved details.
- Stained-glass windows telling the story of Cinderella. They face west fittingly toward Cinderella's Golden Carrousel in Fantasyland. Crystal jewels adorn the windows.
- Right and left mirrored spaces in the parlor open to reveal hidden drawers and space for hanging clothes. (Castles always were full of hidden doors.) The center space opens to reveal the DVD player and small refrigerator.
- Grotto-inspired design.
- Ceiling features a dome of twinkling stars.
- Custom-made 4 x 4, multi-jet Jacuzzi tub with waterfall faucet and Chromatherapy Lighting.
- Three mosaics containing a total of 30,000 tiles made of Italian smalti glass, hand-cut and placed by Disney artisans. Features include a crystal slipper, a crystal pumpkin, the initials "WD" (Walt Disney) and a mouse looking up toward the castle -- plus a few other surprises.
- Hand-hammered copper leaf basins with silver leaf.