The 2010 Themed Entertainment Association attendance report
has just been published and provides some interesting data on estimated attendance and percentage swings from the previous year. Disney do not publish any attendance data, so these reports represent the industry's best estimates on the relative state of park attendance worldwide The Magic Kingdom retains its top spot, with an estimated attendance of 16.972 million guests, a 1.5% decline from the previous year. Epcot saw a 1.5% decline with attendance of 10.825 million, with the Studios also seeing a decline of 1% at 9.602 million guests. Perhaps surprisingly, Disney's Animal Kingdom saw a rise in attendance of 1%, attracting an estimated 9.686 million guests. This is the first time that Disney's Animal Kingdom has surpassed Disney's Hollywood Studios in attendance estimates.
Typhoon Lagoon retains its position as the world's most visited water park with attendance of 2.038 million, a 1% decline on 2009. Blizzard Beach is at number 2, with 1.872 million guests, also a 1% decline.
The full top 10 attendance estimates for US parks is listed below.
1. Magic Kingdom Park, Walt Disney World, 16.972 Million -1.5%
2. Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, 15.980 Million +0.5%
3. EPCOT, Walt Disney World, 10.825 Million -1.5%
4. Disney's Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World, 9.686 Million +1.0%
5. Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World, 9.603 Million -1.0%
6. Disney California Adventure, Disneyland Resort, 6.278 Million +3.0%
7. Islands of Adventure, Universal Orlando, 5.949 Million +30.2%
8. Universal Studios, Universal Orlando, 5.925 Million +6.1%
9. Sea World, Orlando, 5.1 Million -12.1%
10. Universal Studios, Hollywood, 5.040 Million +26.0%
You can read the entire report here.
Jun 17, 2011 / 11:10am EDT